GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Empty
PostSubject: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:23 pm

I want to balance my TBs - I've looked at a few guides but my 1100 doesn't seem to have anywhere obvious to hook up a manometer

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:51 pm

Is there an equalizing tube between the inlet tracts? If so, temporarily remove these, and screw some adapters in their place. Connect the manometer to the adapters.
Back to top Go down
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 pm

I can't see it, but after you said I can now feel one !

Just need to find a small child to access it

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:18 pm

In the UK the bike wouldn't have a charcoal canister and assorted plumbing. So it is unlikely that the manifolds would have the spigots with or without a tube joining them.

The ports are on the manifolds bolted to the heads and if they are still original on the outer edge of theleft one at about an 8 O'clock position if you look at the manifold from the rear of the bike there will be a small dome head screw with a 4 mm Allen key hex in it which should have a thickish alloy washer between it and the manifold.

Before you try to undo it give it a light rap with a small hammer to shock it slightly and then use a very well made allen device, (I have a 1/4 drive stubby allen socket from Snap On. It's a worthwhile investment as a lot of key sets are shite.) to undo it.

Repeat for the right hand manifold but the port is at about 4 O'clock on the manifold.

Screw in adaptors. Hook up manometer.

You do have Guzzidiag or one of the other diagnostic programmes ready to go don't you? You cannot balance the throttlebodies without.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 am

Thanks, yes I have GuzziDiag and have it working.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 am

Excellent. I know I bang on about stuff like this but I see so many fucked up bikes that have been buggered by people who 'Know what they're doing' I just like to ensure that people understand you can't just 'Fix them like carbs'.

Actually I was 'Loomed over' the other day by a new owner of a small tank Stelvio who I just happened to meet and I asked him if it was rollerised? He told me the whole flat tappet problem was shit and if I'd just used a high zinc oil I would never of had problems. I pointed out that the oil I use has always been higher in zinc than most others on the market and I'd actually seen hundreds of engines and not one of them was OK beyond 20,000km and he told me I was an idiot who didn't know what I was talking about.

He then fired up his bike which had a horrible 'Messed with sneeze' at idle and clattered off back towards Canberra. Now while I'm not one to judge, the fact he didn't have all his teeth, was obviously 'Barber Averse' and wore a leather waistcoat over his waxed cotton riding jacket that made him look like some sort of medieval gamekeeper with personal hygiene issues aroused a strong suspicion in me that he just might of been a mouth-breathing simian for whom life was going to be an inexhaustible torrent of misery and disappointment.

Back to top Go down
Bbbbbbad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Bbbbbbad

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:48 am

My secret weapon is that I know I know nothing hence read and question, a lot !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?   Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Balancing TB - Where Do I Fit A Manometer ?
Page 1 of 1