GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Kill Switch Glitch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

Kill Switch Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Kill Switch Glitch   Kill Switch Glitch Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:59 am

I had the weirdest thing happen while out riding yesterday.

I reached over to adjust my right sleeve and happened to hit the kill switch by mistake. I quickly hit it again and tried to restart it but nothing. I came to a stop and pulled off the road to a safe spot and turned off the key and back on — all electric seemed fine but no life whatsoever. I hit the kill switch again and again but nothing — no clicking sound, nothing. I did that several more times with no luck. I thought to call a friend but was really in the middle of nowhere Ohio with no signal. I thought maybe this was the infamous "Startus Interruptus" I had read about here and began to worry. Then I push the kill switch on and off one more time and VROOOM! I got back home without another incident, even stopped for gas.

Thoughts? Anything I should checkout before going for another long ride?
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Kill Switch Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill Switch Glitch   Kill Switch Glitch Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Probably needs a good clean, especially if it doesn't get much use. Never pulled mine apart so I cannot advise - others please step into the ring!
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Kill Switch Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill Switch Glitch   Kill Switch Glitch Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 pm

It's probably a defective switch. My high-beam switch on the left handlebar is very likely the same inside. It's always tended to require multiple presses to work, and I never got around to having it fixed while under warranty. If you do open yours up to work on it, please post some photos.

Moto
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Kill Switch Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill Switch Glitch   Kill Switch Glitch Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Whenever I've used the term "kill switch", someone always gives me a ration of shit.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

Kill Switch Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill Switch Glitch   Kill Switch Glitch Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Kill Switch Glitch
Page 1 of 1