GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New paint job

Go down 
+3
Robinson_Spike
beetle
Joeker80
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:23 pm

A couple of pictures of my new paint job. Wanted to keep it simple, so I went with a flat black with shiny black stripe down the middle. Still plan on getting some of the other parts powder/ceramic coated.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beetle, Leone, Frstrtdmac and Tubsey like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:45 pm

I like it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Thanks. The decals were peeling off of the gas tank and was starting to bug me, so I decided it was time for a paint job.
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Robinson_Spike

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:26 am

Joeker80 wrote:
Thanks. The decals were peeling off of the gas tank and was starting to bug me, so I decided it was time for a paint job.

Yeah, looking good! 👍🏻 The decals are misbehaving on mine too - the PO had bought them but never got around to it, I changed them and 2 years later they’re bubbling again. I’m thinking it may something to do with the plastic tank expanding and contracting with heat but the vinyl just isn’t elastic enough. I thought of wrapping but perhaps that’d bubble too so a paint job may be next...
Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:32 pm

I think Beetle has his wrapped, so he can probably provide some more insight as to going that route.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:48 pm

I've had no trouble with my wrap on the tank. High summer can get up to 45° here, so if a tank was going to expand, mine would. However, I never had any trouble with the decals prior to the vinyl wrap.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:09 pm

I like it too. How about just a little silver pinstripe to set off the gloss black and match your helmet?

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:33 am

Here in the states it’s the ethanol in the gas that makes the neoprene tank expand. Mine did too. The stripes on the tank bubbled on both sides. In the U.K. I don’t understand but if it’s the heat, I’d stay away from black paint jobs or wrap. If the tank has expanded, you will probably confirm this when taking it off to be painted or wrapped. It can be hard to get off and replace.
I also like the paint job here and agree with Street (our resident artist) that the stripes set off the gloss paint nicely.
Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:44 pm

Oh man! I do like the look of that! Gonna have to give that some thought.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:29 pm

I like it. The pinstripe brings the stripe out, looks good.

Not sure it’s heat so much heat as it’s the ethanol attracting moisture and expanding the tank, especially where there are pockets in the mold. Generally try to keep the tank empty when stored for more than a week. You’ll be able to get the tank back on vs sitting and warping. Caswell tank Treatment Is said to help
Back to top Go down
Frstrtdmac
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frstrtdmac

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 8:42 am

Joeker80 wrote:
A couple of pictures of my new paint job. Wanted to keep it simple, so I went with a flat black with shiny black stripe down the middle. Still plan on getting some of the other parts powder/ceramic coated.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looks great, about how much did it cost roughly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New paint job Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job   New paint job Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New paint job
Page 1 of 1