GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New member, new bike

Go down 
+5
PJPR01
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
Bill Hagan
Gunnar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunnar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Gunnar

New member, new bike Empty
PostSubject: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi and thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Though not new to Guzzi, I picked up my 1200 SE Rosso Trophy 2015 this june, by occasion on my birthday. It had 570 km on the clock and the first ride ended up at 461 km on a hot day. That is in the Swedish west coast, so no Sahara temperatures, but warm enough. The picture of the bike (sorry) is taken this very evening as the lights dim here. During this summer I have been at sea and not really had any motorcycling but this excellent arena. So far I can say I'm very happy concerning the knowledge and humor and maybe some other factors on this site, that contributes to making the internet tolerable at all.

My issues with the bike so far are none, but then I search for things to alter (it seems) whatever I lay my hands on. A couple of years ago I had a Breva 11 and one of the annoying things were the fixed handlebars. Luckily my wife insisted on a two bike ride to Iceland, so I swapped the breva for a GS. Now my graveltravel bike is a 12 GS so I'm free to choose whatever I'd like as a happygoround bike. I (it took seven years) decided to swap my 1000s for this GRiSO, but for some lucky months I now have both in the shed. Most of my riding take place in Sweden and the gorgeous norwegian mountains, but we have also ridden in the Dolomites and the Austrian alps. Turned at lake Garda, but Como is yet to see...

The numerous posts on Power Commander makes me hesitate whether I should leave my second hand unit in the box or not. Issue #2 is bar height (yeah, I'm on the second half) and I'll make another post on todays experiences...

My autocorrect is apparently set to Swedish, as all the words are red in this post so far. Me not beeing a native english speaker, you'll have to excuse whatever is wrong, inappropriate or offending.

Good to be here - Gunnar

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny and BetoMx like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Välkommen, Gunnar, from the top of Virginia!

Beautiful GRiSO, Sir; beautiful.

I'll let others address the PC -- Power Commander, not politically correct Wink -- but I'd don kevlar if I were you as the "knowledge and humor and maybe some other factors on this site" will likely all come into play on that issue.

As for your request that we "excuse whatever is wrong, inappropriate or offending," certainly not, as we take pride in that.

Your travel history sounds mighty fine. Consider a visit here sometime. cheers

1921!

Bill

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:05 am

Leave Power Commander in box. Hit box repeatedly, very hard, with the largest hammer you have. Then remap the bike correctly.

Other things to do? Read up on how to tune it. Grease swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings.

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:53 am

Gunnar, welcome to our insanity. However we are all (mostly) happy here. As Pete says forget the PC. See GRiSO.org for maps that work. Many of us here drink from Beetle's fountain (now that sounds a little bit wrong...).

My son lives in Gothenburg and has done for quite a few years. Ar you close to there?

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:58 am

Mycket bra! A few items you can consider for modification to the best looking GRiSO Combo color out there. Looks also like a nice Agostini pipe peeking out there from the other side!

1. Lowered foot pegs (Knight Design)
2. Small flyscreen - possibly a Dart or Marlin, depending on what works for you.
3. Some red flashy Pazzo brake and clutch levers, the ugly plain aluminum ones don't do justice to a work of art as the Rosso Diavolo!
4. Seat - depending on how comfortable it is, may need to be switched or covered for a bit more padding.

Enjoy the new toy....they are addictive indeed!

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Gunnar! Don't apologize for your English, it's great, and very few folks on here speak Swedish.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:56 am

Welcome Gunnar, great bike (despite I have a Tenni....it's official that red ones are faster)

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Welcome Gunnar! We need an international GRiSO swap once regular days return. 🇸🇪 is on my bucket list.

And yes the red ones are faster#

Gunnar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gunnar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Gunnar

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks to all of you for nice and welcoming words! I will surely take your advice and look after the few critical service points you mention, in this first winter with the GRiSO.

Ciao, Gunnar
Back to top Go down
Gunnar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Gunnar

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Gunnar, welcome to our insanity. However we are all (mostly) happy here. As Pete says forget the PC. See GRiSO.org for maps that work. Many of us here drink from Beetle's fountain (now that sounds a little bit wrong...).

My son lives in Gothenburg and has done for quite a few years. Ar you close to there?

Well yes, Gothenburg is some 90 kilometers south from my hometown Uddevalla. I actually work in Gothenburg two or three days a week.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:50 am

Wow, so far yet so close. A nice distance for a ride, but maybe not in winter? Quite close to Trolliwood too.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:04 pm

Nice part of the world..... I used to regularly visit Preemraff refinery at Lysekil & always tried to take the islands-bridges-ferry boat routes (sadly by car)
Back to top Go down
Gunnar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Gunnar

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Small world!

Nice that this corner of the continent is so known in detail. Me too have connections to Preemraff at work and I pass at sea now and then. Sorry you didn't have a bike at these occasions!

Gunnar
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:22 am

Welcome I have the black devil hardly ride it, went to show saw it thought must have it , what a bike. To me it’s an AC/DC bike
Back in Black, someone once said want to come n see this Ozzie band their good, yep I’ll go
Bon Scott vocals Colston Hall Bristol think 1973
It doesn’t get better enjoy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, new bike   New member, new bike Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New member, new bike
Page 1 of 1