GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

idle issue

Go down 
+2
lablame
Pete Roper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:45 am

Fuelled up, went for a ride around 100km long. re- fuelled and carried on.
Didn't thrash it, stopped at the lights in taupo and it just dropped a cylinder.
Has done it before, give it about a minute of one cylinder running & it comes right.
Took it down a back road, nice and twisty and gave it a fair bit of welly....all good.

Have noticed under hard acceleration pulling rpm around 6500 it seems to be starved of fuel or leaned out.
Ease of the throttle and accelerate slowly goes around to red line.

It has had a re-map but i'm thinking it's not been done right.
Airbox has extra holes...where do i start without doing a beetle re-map.

cheers terry
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:34 am

Firstly, check the throttlebodies for signs of molestation. Secondly, ditch the 'Open Airbox' mod and fit a new air filter.

Then perform a full service/tune. This requires a manometer and a laptop with Guzzidiag or equivalent and cables to suit.

Judging from your description it sounds like your throttlebodies May of been molested.
Back to top Go down
lablame
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lablame

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 am

When I bought the GRiSO, I could get the price lower because it was or no idle or on one cylinder.

The bike did not go over 6500 rpm. It has only a Mistral exhaust, no re map.

I tried buying an electronic piece that permits to enrich fuel and used it 6 months but it has been expansive (200€) and more or less useful. I had a great idle but still cannot go over 7000 rpm.

The final and more economical way to solve it has been to remap it.
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:08 am

Thanks guys, i'll look into things soon. What i have found so far is a dynajet power commander 5.
Is that standard or aftermarket and are they any good?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:11 am

They are snake oil spruiked by charlatans as well as being obsolete technology.

The end.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:11 pm

Thanks capo.
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 am

In addition to all of the above, check spark plugs and plug wires as well for any cracking. When in doubt, replace with fresh items.
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:26 am

Has anyone taken a GRiSO 2v and removed the injection system and replaced with carburettors....is it even possible?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:39 am

Oh God, please, no.......
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:41 am

Technically you could, but why, why, why, why, why?

FI is eminently more tunable without the compromises carbs make you live with. Don't expect much support from most here as FI is much more betterer. And modern. And foolproof. And, hell why?
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 am

okay okay...fine. Years ago i built a mk3 le mans from a burnt wreck. Threw on the dellortos', calculated the idle jets, main jets, needle, set float heights etc.

It had so much compression the starter struggled to turn it over....first try from rebuild and it fired into life. Never ever had fuelling issues with it and it did 30mpg no problem at all.

Would always start from cold, no problem only needed a little bit of choke, never stalled from poor fuelling. Never had any trouble balancing the carbs. I know carbs....FI sounds too tech for me.

Don't have the gear or knowledge. Fine...i'll persevere but definitely will need education locally and a beetle map, i have an extremely low budget...around nil up to a bottle of bourbon level.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:43 am

I drink bourbon.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:26 pm

tsheep2 wrote:
okay okay...fine.  Years ago i built a mk3 le mans from a burnt wreck. Threw on the dellortos', calculated the idle jets, main jets, needle, set float heights etc.

It had so much compression the starter struggled to turn it over....first try from rebuild and it fired into life. Never ever had fuelling issues with it and it did 30mpg no problem at all.

Would always start from cold, no problem only needed a little bit of choke, never stalled from poor fuelling. Never had any trouble balancing the carbs. I know carbs....FI sounds too tech for me.

Don't have the gear or knowledge.    Fine...i'll persevere but definitely will need education locally and a beetle map, i have an extremely low budget...around nil up to a bottle of bourbon level.

The W5AM system as used on CARC bikes has to be one of the very simplest systems to tune on a a motorcycle EVER. The thing is you have to realise it is a different And better technology than carburettors and points as a way of managing the engine but as such it requires different tools.

If you want to move a pile of bricks from one side of your yard to the other you don't reach for a pair of chopsticks do you? Likewise if you want to tune a fuel injected engine you don't reach for the same tools as you would if you were playing about with points and carbs!

In reality the only 'Difficult' thing is overcoming the fear of the new, believe me, you're not Robinson Crusoe there, most of us have had to do it. All you need is a set of cables, a second hand laptop with the Guzzidiag suite of tools downloaded on it and the ability to read. Everything else you need, (A manometer, screwdriver and a 5mm Allen key.) one would hope you already have.

Embrace the new. It really is so much better than the old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

idle issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: idle issue   idle issue Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

idle issue
Page 1 of 1