GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Empty
PostSubject: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi all
Was wondering what or if it would be feasible to transplant the front legs as well as the rear shock assy from the V 11 Sport to the 2015 GRiSO?
I need to do something to make this monster handle and feel better.

Thx in advance.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:24 am

Just get your current forks set up by someone who knows and simply buy a decent rear shock. Leave the V11 alone - sacre bleu!
Back to top Go down
AlpAussie
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
AlpAussie

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:49 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Just get your current forks set up by someone who knows and simply buy a decent rear shock. Leave the V11 alone - sacre bleu!

I'll second that.

I've upgraded the suspension of many a performance bike over the years - and merely due to the fact that most bikes come with good suspension - but not suspension that suits everyone. Rebuilt/revalved forks and a shock (with spring) bought to suit you, and you will find the bike almost magical...
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Agreed......... would not consider disassembly of a Sport with Ohlin's as a science experiment but was wondering what or if there is a good premium starting point?

Thx in advance
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:16 pm

See my reply on V11 board.

Can't remember what the Ohlins I bought were off? Perhaps an RSV-Factory? Anyway I had to bore the lower yoke and get shims made for the upper yoke as the Ohlins were fatter at the bottom and skinnier at the top than the Showas.
Back to top Go down
LUCKY DAVE
Carlotto
Carlotto
LUCKY DAVE

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:34 pm

The sliding parts of Showas are every bit as good as Ohlins, to make them work you will have to get them custom valved and sprung anyways, so where's the advantage of changing to Ohlins?
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:24 pm

I think I may start with internals for the front end and a set up by our local race suspension Guru.
Thx for the comments all.

Ciao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant   V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

V 11 Sport Ohlins frnt and rear transplant
Page 1 of 1