GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours

Go down 
+5
Dilliw
BobW981
Street
groundhog105
Bill Dee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Empty
PostSubject: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:59 pm

I need to put a fairing or windscreen on my GRiSO. I want some protection and no buffeting. What do you guys have and how do you like it ?

Post some pictures and where it can be purchased too.
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here’s mine.  A dart marlin.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:27 pm

There is already a twelve page screed on this topic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:30 pm

So not being able to find a Givi A770 I gave in and purchased a Givi A801. Waiting on delivery. Let's hope it looks good and works good too.
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 am

I installed the GIVI A801. Since they don't have a listing for the GRiSO I remembered another forum member had ordered a PUIG for his GRiSO using the 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS components. He said it only took slight modifiing to make it fit.  So that is what I ordered from GIVI. The fairing and hardware kit for a 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS.  

The way I decided to mount it turned out OK. Not great.  Had to do a little grinding to the mounting brackets to get it to sit a little lower and to get the headlight through the headlight hole.  I would like it to sit about a half inch lower than it does but that would require some welding on the brackets and I don't weld. But as is, it is rock solid in place and looks good enough to me.  The tiny bikini fairing doesn't give me much wind protection sitting up in normal riding position. But I didn't really expect it to.  It does give some slip stream help when I duck down behind it.  I noticed the bike does run up to speed a little better with it.

This video has some details of the install.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:13 pm

Whilst researching fairings for my GRiSO, I came across this little beauty albeit on a V7:

THE MOTO GUZZI RECORD KIT FOR THE MODERN V7

The modern Record Kit comes complete with a featherweight front fairing and a single-seat unit with a kicked-up spoiler fin and memory foam seat. It should be simple and easy to fit on both the MotoGuzzi V7 Cafe or V7 Racer using the existing headlight assembly and swapping the standard seat with no modifications necessary. If you’ve got a V7 Classic, V7 Stone or V7 Special, you can still fit the Record Kit, but you’ll also need to invest in a set of Moto Guzzi factory clip-ons.

Moto Guzzi V7 Record Kit Endurance Racer
Moto Guzzi V7 Endurance Racer Record Kit
The cost for what is definitely a cool and stylish look for any Moto Guzzi V7 is £1399.99 including VAT, and it’s available through Moto Guzzi dealers nationwide.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:53 am

I don't like a screen on the GRiSO but recognize the need for one when I'm traveling.   So I use the National Deflector DX which has the quick release mount.  I put it on when I'm traveling and take it off when I get there.  Best of both worlds.

freewaystreak likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm

Isotta

Not to be confused with Isetta Very Happy
Well, then again....

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:04 pm

Another vote for the Dart Marlin...small enough, but effective. Very smooth air, and a little bit of protection. Your neck muscles will get stronger the more you ride!

lcjohnny and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:50 am

PJPR01 wrote:
Another vote for the Dart Marlin...small enough, but effective.  Very smooth air, and a little bit of protection.  Your neck muscles will get stronger the more you ride!

I agree with the vote and with the review - fittings are easy strong and quite 'clean' to look at.
Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:12 pm

~ Different kits fits different missions ~
- '84 V65C for pitterPutz around town
- GRiSO w/ Crog Marlin for track
- GRiSO w/ Givi A34 wind and Acerbis hand screens for continental roustabouts..
Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours   Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fairing or Windscreen Show us yours
Page 1 of 1