12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

new ride coming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: new ride coming   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 pm

New ride coming in two weeks,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:00 pm

WOW! I can see why you like it. It stands up all by itself with no centerstand or kickstand! Amazing! clown 
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Good choice.
I have the 2001 Cagiva Navigator for an adventure/road bike. The engine comes from the same family as your Vstrom, from the original TL100s.
I have to say sometimes I'm torn as to which steed to take. The GRiSO torques beautifully and feels great. The Cagiva just plain revs its nuts off. I fitted a timing restrictor eliminator to help it along the way. Its fun to bounce of the rev limiter.
V twin power, long travel suspension and comfortable ergos.
Happy travels.
Adios
Andy in NZ
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:35 pm

It looks like some sort of deceptacon duck.

Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 am

I am tall and for an all around standard you can,t beat the comfort of this style of bike and they respond to being pushed better than a true standard in our wilder roads (better cleareance) I have missed 2 prime summers and falls with the POS Stelvio and this summer and fall is the same, 2 full years trying to make a running bike out of a new one is enough...

the v-stroms are boring as shit but at least I can ride instead of have very expensive lawn ornaments I have never had to part out a new bike under warranty that had not been crashed before till this Stelvio
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:01 pm

And you wonder why there's no STELVIO ghetto...

Laughing Suspect 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:46 pm

The GRiSO has been very little better in the quality dept.. The major difference has been I have been generally able to ride it home to repair, rather than walk and haul.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:43 pm

You've had some horrible luck for sure.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:39 am

Uzidzit wrote:

the v-stroms are boring as shit but at least I can ride instead of have very expensive lawn ornaments I have never had to part out a new bike under warranty that had not been crashed before till this Stelvio

I think best is to repair the stelvio, that way it will bring more then in parts.

This Vstrom is the best looking they made until now, the older looked put toghether extremly uninterested. But a pitty they put the GS front on.

My Stelvio needed cams to complete the 40.000 km, thats all. And the cams got paid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:35 am

pauldaytona wrote:

This Vstrom is the best looking they made until now, the older looked put toghether extremly uninterested. But a pitty they put the GS front on.

Which renders this bike ugly IMO, unless you look at its ass only.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:04 am

uh where do you think the styling ques are from? They are from The big S s own styling past....the beak on the big drs was there way before it was glint in the Germans eyes.

looks i do not care about much (Iam still riding an 06 weestrom), but being able to ride I do, and I hate walking and having to arrange a trailer to take a bike home.

There is no "fixing the Syelvio" I have been "fixing " the stelvio since I slept at the side of the road the day i bought it new..owned it for 2 years been fixing it for 2 years at no time has it not had a problem that could leave you walking without actively managing it during a ride...your support from Piaggio is different in the US/NA nothing is paid under warranty,
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Uzidzit  Frick cant say i would blame ya...the Stroms are excellent bikes, play $ with suspension later on and it wont be boring ..promise ... i speak from experience from a buddy who did the same and he beats the shit outa his and its still running strong.
Sorry to hear of your misery ...but its time to get out and ride...eh Cool 
Keener
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:35 am

pauldaytona wrote:
Uzidzit wrote:

I think best is to repair the stelvio, that way it will bring more then in parts.

My Stelvio needed cams to complete the 40.000 km, thats all. And the cams got paid.

Many wreckers buy complete bikes in perfect working order, then dismantle and make 5 times the money they would if sold on as a used bike.
Had a friend who couldn't sell his bike for $7500. Made a comment on a forum about parting it out. Had most of it sold for more than $9500 before he could crackatinny and open the tool box.
A day stripping, and a day packaging at $1000 a day, beats the hell out of working for a living.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 am

Yep just trying to minimse the beating, I really loved the new caponord and would have gone that way but I just can't give Piaggio more money I have bought 2 losers in a row and they have not stood by either of their warrantys so aprilia, Guzzi, goodbye. Guzzi in the future will be pre Piaggio bikes (or modern ones I can steal)...old stuff I know what to expect.

a shame they are killing aprillia too....the 1200 dorso motors are having porous casting issues 1 out of 2 right now and same with the v4s what are the chances the pirates at piaggio are gonna stand behind 1/2 of all aprillias sold coming back leaking like a sieve through the cases...any body want a demand sensor for a rsv4-i know where there is a box of like 100 of them
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:10 am

well the update is good and bad, went to pick up the bike and the dealer I was getting the bike from is now out of business and incommunicado...along with my down payment. the good part is the credit union was willing to cancel my loan for the bulk of the cost with no fees,,,so I am only out $3500
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:22 am

Uzidzit wrote:
well the update is good and bad,  went to pick up the bike and the dealer I was getting the bike from is now out of business and incommunicado...along with my down payment.   the good part is the credit union was willing to cancel my loan for the bulk of the cost with no fees,,,so I am only out $3500

What the hell??
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:49 am

Fuck Uzi, what is this?!?!
You go from having the worst luck owning motorcycles and you get shafted trying to buy them also??
Someone is pulling some Voodoo shit on you I say!!
Sorry to hear about this mess...
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Have always believed it comes in threes so this is three, so should be good now. I am looking to see if the title was filed for with the state if it was I have some recourse. not sure what happened the place is shuttered and empty they were honda and suzuki dealer.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Well I hope you can get that dough back...
You think the Susuki importer might be of some help? Never hurt to ask them.
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:36 pm

well see the rash of disappering dealers was a few years ago when the mortgage meltdown hit, I have the vin from the sale contract it was supposed to be a bike transferred from another dealer to their inventory so I should be able to track it down. Gonna stop by another shop and see if they can track down the vin in the network.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:45 pm

good luck with this. Perhaps the closed dealer paid for the bike from the originating dealer? If so, get the bike from them.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am

Dude. This sucks. Sorry to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:24 am

Found out they had filed Bankruptcy right before they wrote my sale contract  (ps there was some "error" on the sales contract, the vin is mia no such numbered unit imported into NA) Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:41 am

Somebody needs a beating.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Uzidzit wrote:
Found out they had filed Bankruptcy right before they wrote my sale contract  (ps there was some "error" on the sales contract, the vin is mia no such numbered unit imported into NA) Thumbs Up

They knowingly and willingly ripped you off. They need to sanctioned with extreme prejudice. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new ride coming   Today at 3:42 am

Back to top Go down

new ride coming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: