GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Introduction of myself

Go down 
+3
SMTCapeCod
Chris W
motoguzznix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motoguzznix
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
motoguzznix

Introduction of myself Empty
PostSubject: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 am

Unfortunately I do not own a GRiSO yet.
But I hope to find one day an 850 at an affordable price. The 850 is my favourite - I love the lean looks without the oil cooler  that prevents the view on the engine case. The most beautiful.

I'm a Guzzi freak since 1983 when I bought my Lemans 2. Since then I owned a V7Sport, a V11 first series and actually I own a Quota, a 1200 Sport 2V and a Ghezzi Brian Supertwin which undergoes a rebuild right now.

I live in Austria in the middle of Europe. Mandello del Lario is about 700km from my home.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:05 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:13 am

motoguzznix wrote:

I live in Austria in the middle of Europe. Mandello del Lario is about 700km from my home.

Was sorry to read of the recent catastrophe there: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Smart to cruise the forums and learn about the make/model in advance!

Bill Hagan and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Motoguzznix! We are all sad to hear about the tragic motorcycle museum fire in Austria. What a disaster.

Good luck on your search for the perfect GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm

You could always get a 1200 and remove the oil cooler... that engine runs on a cool side as it is.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:56 pm

While they do run very cool I'd be leery of removing the oil cooler on an 8V as that is the supply for the dedicated cooling circuit and you want that nice and cool to transport heat away from the exhaust valves.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:42 am

welcome motoguzznix Smile
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:05 am

Pete Roper wrote:
While they do run very cool I'd be leery of removing the oil cooler on an 8V as that is the supply for the dedicated cooling circuit and you want that nice and cool to transport heat away from the exhaust valves.

Well then...I lost the perfect opportunity to shut the hell up! Very Happy

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
motoguzznix
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
motoguzznix

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:47 am

Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome.

This Museum is on top of the Timmelsjoch mountain pass which is the border between Austria and Italy. I never made it to that Museum since it is open. I know the road from privious trips - 40 years ago I climbed the Timmelsjoch road on my Morini 3 1/2 from Italy to Austria. When I was about 5km before the top a Guzzi Lemans 1 with italien number plate passed us - I think the sound of that bike contributed a lot to my decision to go for a Guzzi as my next bike.

Some Indian bikes located in the cellar were saved from the fire - everything else including a lot of italien bikes were completely distroyed. The upper part of the museum was timber building.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of myself   Introduction of myself Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Introduction of myself
Page 1 of 1