GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO

Go down 
+2
Chris W
scagliog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:37 pm

I went out on Sunday for a 100miles ride on nice hills and twists. Two 2017 Grisos! Mine (10K miles) -- Agostini HF exhaust, Dart Screen, Bettle re-mapped ( and fresh valve clearance job), Matris shock, new Pirelli Angel GT, and my friend all stock!...4 years old Metzler (2017 bike) with only 1800 miles on it.

In the middle we swapped bikes. WOW what a difference! I had forgotten how the "stock" GRiSO drove. Throttle response was way slower -- not the 'punch' I get with mine. Then I felt like the bike did not want to turn!!! The front end of the stock GRiSO felt super heavy compared to mine, and slow on getting down... not sure if it is the tires, the rear shock, the front shock settings ( my front is tuned )...

My friend also felt like my GRiSO was "a different bike", and enjoyed the ride a lot! Now is looking to do some upgrades and not sell it anymore!
I think I got the inspiration for all the mods on this Forum!!!

Cheers,
Giuseppe

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny and Nobleswood like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 pm

That's a pretty cool way to compare!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:36 pm

I think it's all because of your oil-cooler cover. cheers

Seriously, it is fun to ride the "same" motorcycle, even when both are stock. And, when as modded as yours, the contrast can be, well, wow!

Bill

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Yea I forgot the oil cooler cover -- and the gear indicator!!
I am thinking LED head-bulb and maybe new turn signals.... next Very Happy

Giuseppe
Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:02 pm

Hi, very cool. Wondering what you did to the front end - settings on the suspension to "lighten" the front end a little?
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi BMR, I experienced a similar improvement in handling after taking the bike to a recognised suspension expert to sort my bike out. I had been complaining of poor rear end response and violent rebound on what passes for roads here in NSW and met with a professional to sort it out.
My bike had a new rear shock which sorted that issue, and while I was at it I had the front end re valved and services.
The bike was then set up for my and my weight, the sag was set and the result was a new bike.
No longer did the bike drop into corners and have a vague front end, it is now precise and handles undulations with ease.
I highly recommend doing the same if you want to experience the best from the bike, the work I had done to the shock and the Beetle map have turned a good bike into something I love riding.

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:05 pm

^^ I agree cheers
Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 pm

Converted Duc wrote:
Hi BMR, I experienced a similar improvement in handling after taking the bike to a recognised suspension expert to sort my bike out. I had been complaining of poor rear end response and violent rebound on what passes for roads here in NSW and met with a professional to sort it out.
My bike had a new rear shock which sorted that issue, and while I was at it I had the front end re valved and services.
The bike was then set up for my and my weight, the sag was set and the result was a new bike.
No longer did the bike drop into corners and have a vague front end, it is now precise and handles undulations with ease.
I highly recommend doing the same if you want to experience the best from the bike, the work I had done to the shock and the Beetle map have turned a good bike into something I love riding.

Thanks CD. Halfway through a Beetle map, some new brake pads, tires and then, the suspension. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO   Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stock vs Upgraded GRiSO
Page 1 of 1