GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tony's Sport?

Go down 
+4
paulbrice
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Pete Roper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:54 am

Well I think my diagnosis was a bit pessimistic. Now the bike is here you can feel the master pumping intermittently. Excellent! Then he tells us he didn't change the fluid for 13 years! affraid scratch . No wonder it's spat the dummy.

Anyway, Mark has a spare master, (All the ones off our wrecks have been sold.) that he's sending over so hopefully rather than being a twelve hour job it'll be a 2 hour job after we've given the entire system a damn good clean out!

Take heed. This is why we change brake and clutch fluid every 10,000km service. Brakes aren't as bad but the clutch system is bloody murder on clutch fluid!

Pete

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:28 am

Well that'll do it every time......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:41 am

No

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:58 am

Rub yourself and your master cylinder seals until moist and slippery with the. Dry finest DOT4. That way it won’t happen to you!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:17 am

I do. When I had the clear reservoirs, I used to watch the fresh fluid go from a lovely light amber to dark bloody urine within 2 weeks. Gack!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:20 am

Suitably chastised, I am. Thankfully Pete and Michael are on top of their game and even dived in on the weekend. Mark is sending over his spare unit - awesome Mark.

There are a few others things Michael and Pete might do including the front fork seals - sad part is I have a set of seals at home through the generosity of another member - I have packed them somewhere in the mountain of boxes involved in my imminent move.

Oh well, they will be good for the next time.

Pete, you might want to do the fluids for front and rear brakes too - they were on my to do list but I can't get to it in the near term due to other things.

Note to self - perform brake and clutch flush every 10,000 km along with gear, cardan and engine oils.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:27 am

There is a rebuild kit if you can get one - Brembo P/N 110436292 - I had one ordered but supplier unable to supply - so haven't tried it.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:57 am

I would think rebuilding it would be folly. I imagine the bore would be scruffy & pitted.

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:23 am

beetle wrote:

I would think rebuilding it would be folly. I imagine the bore would be scruffy & pitted.

scratch

probably Mark - more of an experimental approach that might have helped someone.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:47 am

Same experience as Mark (fitted same Brembo RCS 16 Radial clutch) but I used remote reservoir with window & after 3 years the reservoir fluid is still like new (through the window at least)
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:11 pm

With a vacuum bleeder it a quick job. Suck the reservoir almost dry replenish with fresh DOT4, then point the bleed pipe down under the subframe, connect the suction hose and pull the fluid until it runs clean - while keeping a vacuum and the reservoir topped.
One thing I have noticed on some bikes with original master cylinders, the screws securing the lid are too long resulting in screws bottoming out before clamping the diagram/ gasket. This results in fluid weeping around the joint and possibly contributes to fluid contamination.
A quick check by putting the screws into the M/C before fitting the lid highlights bikes with this problem.

Bill Hagan and Utesch like this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:49 am

That's good news, beats the hell out of a clutch job.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:57 am

sideshowbob wrote:
That's good news, beats the hell out of a clutch job.

U bet, Bob. However another 50,000 km will probably require that to happen anyway - it will be close to 200,000 km by then. Probably time for a major overhaul on a number of components, at that time.

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 am

You're moving Tony? I took a third of my stuff to Karen and my new house today. Taking another load tomorrow and coming back on Tuesday. It's a 520km round trip for me. First thing to go to the new house was the motorcycle lift. Bloody heavy, those things.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Yeah hard work Wyno - not looking forward to it but it's just my stuff and I am a minimalist when it comes to the living part - bikes that's a different story.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 pm

back to the brake fluid.....

tony tony tony.....

sigh....
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:19 am

Today, Black Betty followed me home (on the trailer) and it's as wet as!

Currently she's sulking on the trailer still as it's "too wet to get your toes wet" - I guess I will have to persuade her pretty soon, can't trust the neighbourhood at night. Still pissing down.

Thanks Pete and Michael - maybe we will ride tomorrow (weather is supposed to clear up)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tony's Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony's Sport?   Tony's Sport? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tony's Sport?
Page 1 of 1