GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Arashi Rotors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:12 am

Has anyone used Arashi front brake rotors on their GRiSO? They are made in China and available all over the Internet. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:16 am

Also, are the bolts holding on the rotors a single use item?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:11 am

I have no personal experience with them. If you are fine with the idea of having a critical component being of Chinese make & most importantly quality control, go for it. I know lots of people use Arashi rotors and considering the forums aren't filled with horror stories of shattering Arashi rotors they must be relatively safe. I read some reviews and they were positive on build quality etc.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with a Chinese brand rotors but yeah that's personal.

Utesch wrote:
Also, are the bolts holding on the rotors a single use item?

They are not single use. Some people like replacing them with the rotors, it's what I would do but also probably overkill. But I like to play it safe when it involves brakes.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:06 pm

I reused the screws when I replaced my rotors. Don't forget to use loctite.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:26 pm

Thanks Tim and Beetle. I'm having second thoughts on the Chinese rotors and may go with EBC. And Beetle, what color Loctite?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:34 pm

Blue, (243.) will be fine. It's not a high heat application.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:37 am

Funny...I just ordered a pair of those to mount on a set of cast wheels (with new tires) I picked up real cheap.
Should get them this coming week but interestingly enough, Arashi doesn't make a rear rotor for our bike so I'm getting a used one I had saved up.

I was a little shy about getting Chinese made rotors but I spent quite some time reading about reviews on them and feed back on various forums about people using them even in racing. Have not seen a truly worse review than Glfer or EBC so I pulled the trigger.
For less than $200 a pair...hell yeah!!

As for bolts, I'll need some since I don't want to disassemble my spoke SE wheels.
AF1 racing I believe have those for $2.00 a piece. Not cheap but I want to keep the original 10 mm hex head
In your case, I would feel plenty safe to re-use the original bolts because I can't see them being stretched at all with a recommended 15 to 20 foot pound of torque. And also, you're talking about a steel bolt going into alloy compound.
Just use loctite again with the appropriate torque and enjoy your new rotors.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arashi Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arashi Rotors   Arashi Rotors Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Arashi Rotors
Page 1 of 1