GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Just leave it alone.

Go down 
+4
usedtobefast
Nobleswood
motor-timothy
tvboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Just leave it alone. Empty
PostSubject: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:05 pm

I came across this YT video yesterday. I thought it was very informative.
Peter and Beetle are mentioned.

lcjohnny, Nobleswood and Salscal like this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:37 am

Bit long winded but interesting. Don't really recognize his complaint on the fairing bolts to be honest, mine don't get rounded heads and I take off the fairings like twice a month.
While watching it as he got to the point of the after market exhaust and power commander I was thinking, 'Pete Roper is going to get a fit watching this' Laughing

Thankfully he got his conclusions right: Just don't mess with the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:59 am

As an independent GRiSO rider he came to have opinions that have been explained again & again here.
Adding a Power Commander doesn't work as well as a Beetle map. Having the map tweeked to your exhaust is a must. Maintaining a correct oil level solves the overflow problem. The oem airfilter works best & balance your TB's.
Simple enough but good to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 am

Sounds like you need a bit of common sense, mechanic'ing skills, and a read through grisoghetto in order to properly take care of your GRiSO. Smile

As he went through his trials and tribulations I was thinking "do we own the same motorcycle?"

So his first "got stranded" story ... GRiSO was showing signs of issues, just keep riding it and never looked into it, it got worse, and worse, and finally "stranded" him. Geeezz, the GRiSO was trying to tell you it had an issue! Smile

Better title would be "All the dumb things I've done to my GRiSO".

Crap exhaust, crap fueler, crap air filter, bike doesn't run great. Duhhh.

Crap levers made in China, bought on Amazon, wear out in 3 years. What a surprise.

Bill Hagan and motor-timothy like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:50 am

I thought he was ok - yes he came to the same conclusions - but by his own route..... typical Guzzi rider.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:02 am

It's not so much a matter of just leaving things alone as working out what to change and why. Aftermarket air filters remain ridiculously popular even though they do nothing for performance, likewise things like sensor foolers and to a lesser extent Power Commanders, they are crude and expensive and don't deliver on their promises, not least because the people who spruik them often don't understand how they work, or in many cases don't work!

What astonishes me time and time again is the money that is spent on engine hop-up stuff when the 'Elephant in the corner' is the suspension and brakes! This isn't a GRiSO specific observation or even a motorcycle specific one. It just seems that people are hard wired to try and do stuff to their engines before they tackle the major things that will improve their enjoyment of their vehicles.

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, motor-timothy and GuzziLooper like this post

Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:21 pm

You're right. I shouldn't have said "leave it alone". I should have said Do what needs doing.The Beetle map is def worth doing (although I haven't done it yet) When I said it was "informative" I should have said amusing. It's interesting to watch people go through the whole experimentation then come full circle. I've never been a fan of the K&N filters but they sure do have an effective marketing campaign.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:40 am

Funny, I just finally watched this video as it came across my YouTube feed. I see it as a success story of GRiSO enthusiasts helping one another. He's quite a young fellow, so I applaud his embrace of the Moto Guzzi GRiSO.

He is a member of our family. The GRiSO has spoken to him. (And so have Beetle and Roper...)

Fellowship of the GRiSO. Bravo!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, burntclutch, Bill Dee and Salscal like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Here's another guy who gets it; I think we can all relate:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:00 pm

Or maybe this guy better articulates what we all feel every time we saddle up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just leave it alone.   Just leave it alone. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just leave it alone.
Page 1 of 1