GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.

Go down 
+5
humboldtguzzi
OldMojo
JohnA
Steak
MotoJezek
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Empty
PostSubject: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:12 pm

I'm going to buy a new helmet later this year. Currently I have an AGV Rossi Imola 98 K3 and looking to get something ...bold, but not stupid or goofy. I'm a bit of a picky bastard and would like to get an eye catching helmet, but not one solid hi-viz yellow. Here are a few that have caught my eye...

Looks to be a discontinued model
Arai Schwantz 95
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arai Tatsuki

Arai Hutchy

Shark Zarco

Just for starters.

What are your favorites?

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:09 pm

SUOMY

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 pm

Of course the most important part is to make sure you get a helmet brand that fits you right. Shoei’s seem to work best for me. Being 64 years old, and fairly conservative, the ones you show are a little wild for me. I have a Shoei RF 1200 rumpus in grey and black. It kind of matches my sliver and black 2014 GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:49 am

Yeah, I'm fairly conservative on colors...but I just like having a bright-ish helmet is a feeble attempt to not visually blend into the background to "cagers". Of course helmet fit is important, but I'm just concerned about what looks good, then I'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:49 am

The Tatsuki. No contest.

Because you have an excellent chance of being the only swinging cat at the bike night rolling in on a GRiSO..... AND with a carp on his helmet.

A frigging CARP!

And with the hi-viz blaze on the front, the most suitable for your purpose, methinks.
Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:44 am

It's not the only helmet with a carp! The Leon Haslam has a -yin-yang- carp thing going on...

the Tatsuki rep has a dragon, too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:04 pm

All right then. With other carp-festooned helmets swimming around (somebody stop me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]) It would be wise to hedge your bet with a supplemental dragon. Tatsuki for the win!

It grieves me somewhat that there's no Italian restaurant themed helmet. Perhaps the Holy Mother and a rack of procciuto hams?

MotoJezek and GuzziLooper like this post

Back to top Go down
humboldtguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
humboldtguzzi

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:37 am

I have a"long oval" head,and recently bought a "Klim" flip front, with the photosensitive shield,and I love it.
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:37 am

You guys with “normal” heads are so fortunate to have so many choices. With my 65cm unusually-long-oval head I generally get the choice of one or two entry-level helmets in either black or white. Back in the early 2000’s Arai made a 3XL long oval in four different colors, black, white, red, and aluminum. I bought a red one. Ten years later all they offered was aluminum and that’s what I bought. Now I want to buy a new helmet and the don’t even make a long oval one in 3XL. “Try the 2XL” is their advice, but trying to find a dealer who even has one to try on is an exercise in futility.

Last edited by GuzziLooper on Fri May 21, 2021 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:43 am

Yeah, and I used to have a head of hair like that...forty years ago.
Back to top Go down
Oxpot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Oxpot

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2021 3:57 am

IMO, Bell helmets are knocking it out of the park with their super-stylish lids.  I wish I'd bought the Bell Star Carbon Technique RSD when they were available.  It would go perfectly with my newly-acquired GRiSO
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2021 11:15 am

For what it’s worth, we stopped at the motorcyclecloseouts.com retail store in Smithville, Missouri on our way back to Michigan and I was able to try on (or at least attempt to) about a dozen different 3XL helmets. I was just about to spring for an LS2 carbon fiber model, even though the room in the chin area was a bit scant, when I asked about what they had in a Scorpion helmet. The salesman brought out an R420 in a 3XL...voila, a perfect fit! Sold! The fit is nearly identical to my Arai Signet GT and Profile helmets. It’s a cheapo helmet, and in flat black, but at least it freakin’ fits!
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 am

MotoJezek wrote:
I'm going to buy a new helmet later this year. Currently I have an AGV Rossi Imola 98 K3 and looking to get something ...bold, but not stupid or goofy. I'm a bit of a picky bastard and would like to get an eye catching helmet, but not one solid hi-viz yellow. Here are a few that have caught my eye...

Arai Hutchy

Just for starters.

What are your favorites?

I love the Hutchy, timeless. As I recall it was very limited edition & supplied exclusively to the Travelling Marshalls at the TT.  I made enquiries with Arai about it, but it was never released, even as a 750 edition TT replica.  Shame.

My own is the 2015 Arai TT:

I also have the original 2008 Arai TT Centenary replica

Bob
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:38 am

Oxpot wrote:
IMO, Bell helmets are knocking it out of the park with their super-stylish lids.  I wish I'd bought the Bell Star Carbon Technique RSD when they were available.  It would go perfectly with my newly-acquired GRiSO

That is a gorgeous helmet!

I like the HJC RPHA 90 Tanisk a lot as well for the black GRiSO's:

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:32 am

It's no longer available, but this is my lid for riding the GRiSO in Diavolo Nero livery. I think it's a combo tough to beat...

The model is a Sumo Vandal Italia

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.   The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The most interesting (graphically) helmets available today.
Page 1 of 1