GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO fuel gauge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Just daydreaming here, but I wonder if there is anyway to graft another Guzzi's fuel gauge onto the GRiSO. Say, a transplanted Stelvio dash and pickup? Does the Norge have a fuel gauge? Why was G denied??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 pm

I always thought it was odd GRiSO's didn't get one, there is plenty of functionality in the dash.

Unfortunately though there is no way you can transplant dashes from other models, they all have different pin-out and functions. Also the GRiSO uses a simple thermistor rather than a float. While I assume they could run it on gauged fuel delivery I wouldn't expect it to be tremendously accurate.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Trip 1.
I zero it every time I fill up.
Looks like the reserve light is good for .7 gallon
20+ miles

My wife's Gladius has no fuel level indicator either.
But she has no inclination to use Trip 1. Cuz she's a girl

DM
Back to top Go down

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:40 pm

I liked the twin fuel taps on my MKIII Le Mans, instead of the fuel light coming on when I have 8-9 litres remaining.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:14 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I always thought it was odd GRiSO's didn't get one, there is plenty of functionality in the dash.

Also that it shows ambient temp instead of engine / oil temp, and no way to toggle between them. I mean, sometimes it's nice to know the temp outside - except I can feel that because I am outside. An engine temp maybe with a flashing effect for too hot would be quite useful.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:38 am

You really don't have to worry about overheating unless you leave the bike idling for hours, believe me. The 8V is over cooled if anything, definitely so in cold weather.

The only one I've seen that cooked itself was owned by one of my customers who left his idling in his garage for 'A period of time'. The tank pressurised and swelled melting the fuel spigot on the pump and part of the loom against the engine. The oil stank! I was really expecting there to be some serious damage in the engine, (It eventually stopped because the phase sensor failed.) but he removed the engine and bought it to me and I stripped it while he re-loomed the bike. Astonishingly the engine was essentially undamaged! I simply re-sealed it and re-assembled it. While this was happening he bought another identical bike but when he got the original back together he decided he actually preferred it to the replacement so he sold the replacement and is still hooning around on what is now affectionately known as the 'Melted Munter'!

Pete
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks for the info, Pete.

Yeah, I use the trip meters to track mileage, and usually go to fill up at 100 miles, but it just gets me sometimes when I think about how such a basic instrument is missing from the suite of data otherwise provided by the dash. I actually like the ambient temp gauge, though it's probably more useful to know when temps are getting near the freezing point than to know how frickin' hot it is in the summer.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
You really don't have to worry about overheating unless you leave the bike idling for hours, believe me. The 8V is over cooled if anything, definitely so in cold weather.

The only one I've seen that cooked itself was owned by one of my customers who left his idling in his garage for 'A period of time'. The tank pressurised and swelled melting the fuel spigot on the pump and part of the loom against the engine. The oil stank! I was really expecting there to be some serious damage in the engine, (It eventually stopped because the phase sensor failed.) but he removed the engine and bought it to me and I stripped it while he re-loomed the bike. Astonishingly the engine was essentially undamaged! I simply re-sealed it and re-assembled it. While this was happening he bought another identical bike but when he got the original back together he decided he actually preferred it to the replacement so he sold the replacement and is still hooning around on what is now affectionately known as the 'Melted Munter'!

Pete

Thanks for the belly-laugh Pete! Laughing Nothing like a thorough warm-up!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:33 am

TalkingGriso wrote:
Thanks for the info, Pete.

Yeah, I use the trip meters to track mileage, and usually go to fill up at 100 miles, but it just gets me sometimes when I think about how such a basic instrument is missing from the suite of data otherwise provided by the dash.  I actually like the ambient temp gauge, though it's probably more useful to know when temps are getting near the freezing point than to know how frickin' hot it is in the summer.

I love starting my morning commute with my temp gauge telling me it's 29F outside.
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

DM, I just can't get used to those wide temperature swings you get in high desert...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO fuel gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO fuel gauge   GRiSO fuel gauge Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO fuel gauge
Page 1 of 1