GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Empty
PostSubject: Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing   Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:04 pm

I just removed my exhaust headers and mid pipe to send them out for JetHot ceramic coating. The mid pipe is rubber mounted. How do I get the rubber mounting bushing out of the bracket attached to the mid pipe? It has to be removed for the ceramic coating process. I am stumped. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing   Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 pm

A press and correct sized collet would seem like the obvious solution.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

PostSubject: Re: Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing   Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:07 pm

Not obvious to a hack like me! Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing   Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Utesch wrote:
I just removed my exhaust headers and mid pipe to send them out for JetHot ceramic coating. The mid pipe is rubber mounted. How do I get the rubber mounting bushing out of the bracket attached to the mid pipe? It has to be removed for the ceramic coating process. I am stumped. Thanks!

You could also use a c-clamp and two sockets. One slightly smaller than the bushing to be removed and one with an ID slightly larger than the diameter of the bushing to be removed on the other side. Line up the sockets (you'll probably need some help) and then crank down on the clamp.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

PostSubject: Re: Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing   Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:57 am

Thanks Tom. I'll give that a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing   Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mid Pipe Rubber Bushing
Page 1 of 1