GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

OEM Handlebar specs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

OEM Handlebar specs? Empty
PostSubject: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 12:38 am

New bike and so many questions!

As I chronicled in another thread, the previous owner of my GRiSO fitted some Renthal FatBars. And while they seem nice, they appear to have a bit too much sweep. tvboy was kind enough to meet up with me yesterday and show me his bone-stock Tenni. It was evident that my bars have more sweep than his.

I'd like to change them back to something closer to that of stock. I have no idea which version of FatBar I'm running, so I don't know the sweep or other specs. But if I can find a set of OEM bars - or better yet, an aftermarket option that's close to stock - I can get a similar reach to the bars as to what came out of Mandello del Lario.

I see AF1 has a few options; Rizoma, Accosato, and a few others. Any brands or models you can point me to that are similar to the OEM sweep, rise, and width?
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 12:49 am

Mine came with LSL bars, "pro-touring" product line IIRC.  
Can't comment on how close they are to stock, but specs should be readily discoverable online.

More: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bobcat Sig likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 7:41 pm

SMTCapeCod wrote:
Mine came with LSL bars, "pro-touring" product line IIRC.  
Can't comment on how close they are to stock, but specs should be readily discoverable online.

More: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That helps, thanks.

Most bars available online (Renthal, Rizoma, et al) have their specs published, so I think I'm set. Mainly, I'm hoping to find the specs - or at the very least, the general measurements of the OEM bars.

The Renthals that cam with the bike have a bit too much sweep. I don't want to go full drag bars. Just a bit less sweep; akin to what originally came on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 am

Common mods are the LSL and Renthal CR High, part/model 605.
I have a 605 collecting dust...after trying multiple bar spacer/riser combos the best setup for me is the stock bar with 25mm risers under the bar. At the time only Ferracci was the only one making the design.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aprilia mana/tuono bars should fit and retain the factory threaded bar end weights
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Mon May 17, 2021 5:40 am

You don't say whether you are interested in the original specs for the 1100 or 1200 handlebars. I just made an approximate measurement of the overall, straight-line width of the OEM 1100 handlebars on my bike: They are a bit over 80cm (or 31.5 inches) at the widest points, without the bar-end weights. That measurement should be at the leading edges of the handlebar tubes, but I didn't take off the bar-end weights to get an exact value. The 1200 had somewhat narrower bars.

Moto
Back to top Go down
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Mon May 17, 2021 7:57 pm

moto wrote:
You don't say whether you are interested in the original specs for the 1100 or 1200 handlebars. I just made an approximate measurement of the overall, straight-line width of the OEM 1100 handlebars on my bike: They are a bit over 80cm (or 31.5 inches) at the widest points, without the bar-end weights. That measurement should be at the leading edges of the handlebar tubes, but I didn't take off the bar-end weights to get an exact value. The 1200 had somewhat narrower bars.

Moto

2014 1200 SE.

My goal is to find aftermarket bars close to the OEM bars in rise, sweep, and width.

As most aftermarket bars post their bar specs, I'm reasonably sure that I can find bars close to what Moto Guzzi offered, provided that I can find the OEM specs. Or, if there are options that are close to the OEM bars, that would work. I hear Tuono bars are close, but can't confirm.
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 pm

I understand. I'm afraid that the width is the best I can do. The procedures for measuring the other dimensions seem hard to replicate unless the handlebars are removed, in my experience. You still haven't indicated whether you are interested in the 1100 or 1200 handlebars.
Back to top Go down
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1Mon May 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:

2014 1200 SE.

moto wrote:
I understand. I'm afraid that the width is the best I can do. The procedures for measuring the other dimensions seem hard to replicate unless the handlebars are removed, in my experience. You still haven't indicated whether you are interested in the 1100 or 1200 handlebars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM Handlebar specs?   OEM Handlebar specs? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

OEM Handlebar specs?
Page 1 of 1