12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

woo hoo guess what came in the mail today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:29 am

the title for my Stelvio Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 am

Have you decided what you're going to do with it yet?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:00 am

not yet,  some clutch assemblies have come available, but not the throw out bearings yet.  will break into it when the rest of the parts are avail to do the job correctly.  Just kind of funny this showing up the day after the vstrom deal went south.

was able to get a used stepper off a wreck for the GRiSO so I will find out if that cures the high idle stick when I go for a long run tomorrow.  Been trying to order the clips for the front wheel to rebuild it but I have not been able to find them yet, I have a sent a few emails to alpina in germany asking about how I can buy some clips for the spoke nipples, to re-build the GRiSO front wheel but have not heard back yet...thanks for the offer of the stepper by the way.

I will do a how to re-build alpina wheels in pictures if/when I can get the parts, The only way i have found to get the clips so far would be to buy a new set of spoke nipples (they come with clips) but that is about 500-600 bucks just to get the little c clips, was thinking about making some on the spring winder out of ss spring wire but the wire size is large and the diameter is small which makes them hard to get right.

have fun it has been a blast here lately
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Uz - if you're looking for Alpina parts etc, try JCPakBikes, in CA:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's got a great reputation in Ducati Sport Classic circles for importing/supplying Alpina wheels - he might have some leads....

Good luck - you DESERVE a break somewhere along the line......

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:05 pm

thanks a million just sent them an email will call monday cheers
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 am

While I think it is completely shitty that you have a wheel without the c-clips, I do have to wonder how crucial they actually are. Aren't they something of a "belt and suspenders" feature? Their sole purpose is to prevent the nipple from backing out and breaking the o-ring seal.

So my question is, if our spoke nipples aren't backing out at all in the first place, are the c-clips truly necessary?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:32 pm

if a spoke breaks it is instant deflation, not too bad on the rear not too good on the front...gotta rebuild any way for the 8 leakers, the holes in the rim are bigger than alpina specifies in their data for the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo guess what came in the mail today   Today at 11:16 am

Back to top Go down

woo hoo guess what came in the mail today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: