GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni

Go down 
+8
Cantaloop
Street
paulbrice
Lobo
beetle
Pete Roper
Steak
motor-timothy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi all, I've always fancied the Tenni GRiSO the most but unfortunately I never had the chance to pick one up for a reasonable price. So instead I went with the basic black GRiSO which is gorgeous as well of course. However with my GRiSO being from 2009 the paint has suffered from attrition. The GRiSO sticker on the fuel tank has come off (the clearcoat over it was like non existent) and there are some blisters from ethanol fumes.
I also really like my GRiSO and the way I tweaked it, its super reliable now and don't really want to take the chances trading it in for a random Tenni at this point. Also since I'm not really impressed with the factory paint quality of the GRiSO I think having it repainted will end up being better. Finally I can't find any Tenni's for sale in the Netherlands so its a moot point anyway.

So I've decided to go ahead with converting my trusted black GRiSO to the Tenni SE (except for the spoke wheels) and I was wondering if anyone has maybe done the same thing and/or has some pointers.

I already ordered the brown seat from AF1 racing for a real bargain (especially since it felt like it was the last new brown tenni seat in the world) and I also found a good painter that is willing to repaint the frame and fairing for under a 1000€, but I was wondering if anyone knows a source for the Tenni stickers? I can't make heads or tails out of the parts manual in this regard.
Also I think the cream stripes on the tank and rear fairing are stickers, but it's probably better to just have those painted right? Any suggestions for a color that matches those stickers ?

I also found the color code GU9032440GBA01 on guzzitech for the tenni green.  Is that in any way useful for the painter to find the right paint or is it a guzzi specific code?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Back when I was interested in painting a GRiSO in Tenni livery (pre-2011) the only source of bonafide Tenni green paint was from a European company called Glasurit (if I recall correctly), it could be had in Canada, but not in the United States.

Once MG actually released a Tenni Green GRiSO, I lost all interest in doing it myself...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Buy a wreck. Do the swap. Razz

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:09 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Buy a wreck. Do the swap. Razz

Haha finding a tenni wreck especially with good condition painted parts would be like winning the new year lottery. Plus the silver frame looks out of place so still needs to be done. No I think a repaint is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:43 am

Every man and his dog has a Tenni GRiSO. Make it Royal Purple, or Navy Camo!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:58 am

Not with a silver frame and real wheels... Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 am

beetle wrote:

But I like the tenni 🙈
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:10 am

When I bought my GRiSO, I could've had chosen a Tenni, or a white one, or a black one. I regret not buying the white one.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Lobo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Lobo

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:19 am

I’ve got the Tenni - the brown leather / green / cream are somehow classy / so different. Have lost count of the folk who not only comment upon the bike, but specifically it’s colours. Go for it…
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:21 am

Personally (I have original Tenni with stickers etc), if I was trying to create a 'Tenni-like' look I wouldn't bother trying to 'match exact'.  I'd use the paint shop/guy to find the closest colour mix & ask him/her to paint similar colour stripes (or go close but different if you don't need it to look factory built).......on basis that for €1k at least I could have something unique Wink

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:46 pm

beetle wrote:

Or Tie-Dye!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

paulbrice and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:43 am

Just finished the conversion. I can help with files for the decals.

lcjohnny, Evilgarfield and nochainer like this post

Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:59 am

Looks great Thorsten! Might be the first Tenni with 1400 ccm then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks Jan. And - only for you... Spoke Wheels will be replaced with Alumium wheels in painted in dark copper. From time to time... especially when going on the race track
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Very Happy I am curious ....

How did you get the paint code for the Tenni Green?
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Easy: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:34 pm

janguzzi wrote:
Looks great Thorsten! Might be the first Tenni with 1400 ccm then. Very Happy

And likely the only one with dual cans cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:13 pm

That really does look beautiful, nice job!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:16 am

Cantaloop wrote:
Easy: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cantaloop? My German isn't good enough to navigate that site. Can you actually tell me the manufacturer and code for the Tenni green from that site? If so I'd be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:27 am

English version:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(you can switch to English in the upper right corner)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:42 am

Duh! Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:49 am

Well, that's all well and good but they don't seem to ship outside the EU.

Anybody in the EU willing to purchase what I want if I send the money and postage?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:55 am

This would seem to be what I need unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:33 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Well, that's all well and good but they don't seem to ship outside the EU.

Anybody in the EU willing to purchase what I want if I send the money and postage?

Thanks

I can do that for u no bother.
I can buy and ship to Ireland and post it on to you?

DM me and we can arrange, i'll give u my email and you can screen grab exactly what it is you need.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:35 am

Cantaloop wrote:
Just finished the conversion. I can help with files for the decals.

What about the Decals on the wheels? did you purchase or print?
Thinking about getting my wheels re-spoked with ss spokes over the winter.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni   Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Project advice: GRiSO 1200 standard black conversion to the SE Tenni
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next