GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Distorted oil cooler guard

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hcfarmer
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Hcfarmer

Distorted oil cooler guard Empty
PostSubject: Distorted oil cooler guard   Distorted oil cooler guard Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:47 pm

After I riding for a while in 99° temperatures, I pulled over to take a break. I noticed the slats on the oil cooler guard were distorted. I've never noticed that before, but then again I've only had it a month. I was concerned that the plastic had gotten too hot and started to melt. I felt the plastic, and it was firm, not pliable. This morning the guard looked like it was nearly back to it's original shape. Is this a problem anyone else has had? Should I be concerned that the air exiting the oil cooler is too hot, and therefore the oil temperature is too high?
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Distorted oil cooler guard   Distorted oil cooler guard Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:47 pm

It has long been said that those slats melt and deform, but when I ordered a new one from AF1, it arrived already warped. So now I have my doubts.

Moto

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Distorted oil cooler guard   Distorted oil cooler guard Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:55 pm

There's someone in Australia making a much improved one, I have one mounted on my GRiSO 1200.

I forget his name, but when the Ozzies come on line in a couple of hours (they're still sleeping, except for Peter Roper who doesn't sleep!) they should be able to provide more information.

Hcfarmer and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Distorted oil cooler guard   Distorted oil cooler guard Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:44 pm

I keep meaning to have an original "plastic" grill sand casted in aluminum. I favor the Italian flair in the shaping of the OEM grille, none of the CNC'd or jet cut versions have ever floated my boat.

That being said, the OEM grille on my 1200 SE has never deformed like the one on my 1100. Knock on wood, but maybe they fiber reinforced the grilles on later models knowing they were prone to deformation.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Distorted oil cooler guard   Distorted oil cooler guard Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:55 am

When I first bought my bike in Houston in April of 2014, it only took until about June or July with 100 degree heat to distort mine. I replaced it with one of the aftermarket steel ones and painted it black.

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distorted oil cooler guard   Distorted oil cooler guard Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Distorted oil cooler guard
Page 1 of 1