GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country

Go down 
+3
rick pope
JohnA
Hcfarmer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hcfarmer
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Hcfarmer

GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 pm

Finally back on a Moto Guzzi, GRiSO in fact, after nearly 42 years. I had an 850 LeMans back then for two weeks (trade deal that fell through), and loved it. I've always wanted another Guzzi since. Well, finally pulled the trigger and bought one, a GRiSO. Found a 2015 with 1,982 miles on it for $7,800. I've put a little over 400 miles on it so far and love it. 

Funny thing is Moto Guzzis aren't very common to say the least. Well three days after I got mine I'm in a company truck sitting at a red light. I look into the mirror, and see a motorcycle with a longitudinal V Twin behind me at the light. Who'd a thunk it? 😂

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:36 am

Well, you have AF1 Racing near by and they are responsible for keeping Guzzi alive in Texas.

Bill Hagan and Hcfarmer like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:29 am

Wellll, we're hoping to visit the Hill Country for a few weeks this coming winter, so that'll be one more.

I've had mine down there three times now, and have seen one other, at Medina.

Bill Hagan and Hcfarmer like this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 am

I passed a V7 on my way to Wimberly last weekend so they are around. I went to AF1 last week to get a part for my EV and they had a good collection of the new models as well as a few used big blocks.

So I'm up for a Hill Country ride whenever you are ready!

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:20 am

Welcome back to the fold. Enjoy your new beastie, I have the same year  ghetto

Bob

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hcfarmer
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Hcfarmer

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:58 am

Yeah, I've already been in touch with AF1. Had them order fuel lines, breather hoses, and air box hoses for it. They dry rotted from sitting for 6 years. They're going to go over it thoroughly when they replace those parts and make sure those no other bad rubber components that need replacing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Get them to do the swingarm and shock linkage bearings while they're at it.

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:11 am

Rick, give me some notice when you're on your way. Been too busy to ride at all this summer but hopefully schedule will slow and we can meet up with HCFarmer.

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:15 am

Kel, that sounds good. Perhaps we can meet at Camp Verde for a photo op.

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country   GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO owner in the Texas Hill Country
Page 1 of 1