GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bit of a Whinge about the Manual

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Empty
PostSubject: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:27 am

Bit of a shit manual  Shocked  No Hyperlinks  Shocked  having to scroll through each time is a pain.
These italians are not very descriptive, seeking torque values with each linking to a picture via blue hyperlinks is the way to go.
Take this off take that off, put this back put that back. No Torque values so have to refer back each time.

Am looking for torque values for the Head Breathers thats what they are, though not what they are called.
Do they even have a torque as look to be crosss head screws from the manual picture? Allen head on our actual bikes? Possibly Torx going by what he said  Laughing

Am thinking I should have photographed mine as have an oil weep, only minor, looks to be either the breather mount or the hose where it connects.
Intend to remove both, clean and fit a stainles jubilee clip for the hose fitting, possibly cut a centimeter off the old hose for now if its cracked or split.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pete doin a tear down video grab.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:46 am

If you want to be spoon-fed, you've chosen the wrong marque.

Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:55 am

8 Nm.

TBEI screw. In case you were still interested.

"Service Shaft Flange Screw"

Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:20 am

For some reason known only to the scroll beetles at Piaggio they changed the bolt heads several times on various models. With the ones that have dome head, 3mm Allen bolts and the ones with Torx bolts just piss them off and buy some standard Allen bolts. They are just so much easier and won't round out.

Note as well that the cam cover plates come in two different types with a deeper flange and different o-ring sealing system.

In the pics your bike appears to have non standard breather hoses. That's fine but make sure they are routed so they can't kink and block gas flow or you'll blow the rear main seal.

Jubilee clips damage the hose. The oetiker clamps are really good and reusable if you buy the pliers and impose less damage on the hose. If you don't want to buy the correct tool then using FI hose clamps is a better option than Jubilee clips.

Correct pliers.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:33 am

[quote="Pete Roper"]
In the pics your bike appears to have non standard breather hoses. That's fine but make sure they are routed so they can't kink and block gas flow or you'll blow the rear main seal.

Jubilee clips damage the hose. The oetiker clamps are really good and reusable if you buy the pliers and impose less damage on the hose. If you don't want to buy the correct tool then using FI hose clamps is a better option than Jubilee clips.

Correct pliers.

Thats not my bike it's the manuals bike and your bike you did the rocker strip down on youtube.
I'll look into that though am sure those crimping clamp tools are like £100 plus and am trying to be more budget conscious on the GRiSO blah! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:58 am

£100? Mine cost about $24 AU. Where do you buy your tools? Buckingham Palace?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:02 am

I use t-bolt clamps on mine. The world hasn't come to an end. Just sayin'.

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 am

Yeah, they're the FI clamps I referenced. Gentle on the, (Admittedly crappy.) hoses is the way to go. I've just installed my third set of factory hoses. Not a huge expense over thirteen years. Second set just went on the shitter, it's a 2010 but low Kms we reckon.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 am

Time for a beer methinks

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:29 am

I must of got mine when they were on 'Special' but still nowhere near £100.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Getting cheaper...

Here! Here's a pommy one! Thirteen quid! That's two pints nowadays innit?

How cheap does the correct tool have to be???
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:47 am

FI or t-bolt clamp you can use a butter knife.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 am

Dude...
Buy a Jap bike. lol
Not sure if they have Mark and Pete with those brands though... Very Happy

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:43 am

Pete Roper wrote:
£100? Mine cost about $24 AU. Where do you buy your tools? Buckingham Palace?

£25 your quite right, was looking at proper electrical crimping tools recently which seem to be inordantly expensive.

Only clamps they had are alloy double siders, so going to order some sliding single siders in stainless off ebay Cool

A little bit different in design but performs the same function, one side removes one side crimps.
Picked up this set in stainless for £12.

These are my bolts allen head, thanx for the torque Beetle Cool

Should be removing fuel tank by the weekend as currently full, then will check and replace all the hoses with premium FI stuff have laying around, ensuring vent all returns to atmosphere Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a Whinge about the Manual   Bit of a Whinge about the Manual Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bit of a Whinge about the Manual
Page 1 of 1