GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Penrite Oils for Big Blocks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Penrite Oils for Big Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Penrite Oils for Big Blocks   Penrite Oils for Big Blocks Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:03 am

Pete, I notice Penrite have differentiated their 10W60 oils: there is 10 tenths and there is MC-4ST 10W60, which is the current buy for our big blocks?

I need to order a 20 litre drum so I can give the old girl some love juice, soon as I reach a new town...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Penrite Oils for Big Blocks   Penrite Oils for Big Blocks Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:30 am

I just use the Ten Tenths. I tend to think 'Motorcycle' specific oils are a bit of a furphy.

I've heard all sorts of arguments about the non MC specific oils having friction modifiers that will make clutches slip in wet clutch systems. Well I've been running the same oil in the FJ900 and it's towing a sodding great sidecar. Does the clutch slip? Not so far.

I do strongly advise against a true FM specified oil in Guzzis as the friction modifiers used, (Note tense!) to cause bore glazing. Whether they still would I know not but I'm not going to experiment to find out!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Penrite Oils for Big Blocks   Penrite Oils for Big Blocks Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:32 am

Thanks Pete, appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penrite Oils for Big Blocks   Penrite Oils for Big Blocks Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Penrite Oils for Big Blocks
Page 1 of 1