GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall

Go down 
+2
Steak
Bill Hagan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Empty
PostSubject: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:50 am

Yesterday promised to be one of the last temps-in-the-60’s — 16-20 C’s for those who might Fahren on motorcycles but not in degrees — days here, so I saddled up the GRiSO and did a brief 100-miler, mostly in W.V.  What a delight.

Here was pretty much the route:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This section of the route was especially entertaining, as Old 55 has been repaved recently.  This old road parallels the new high-speed “Corridor H” — née U.S. 48 and Va. 55 — built to get Washington, D.C., denizens with deep pockets away from “Inside the Beltway” more quickly to the skiing, etc., in Canaan Valley.  Their SUV’s now hurtle west and east and thus leave Old 55 to folks like you and me to enjoy the spectacular riding.

Here are a few pix of my pleasant afternoon.

This, near Bean Settlement, of a bathing cow watching my Moo-to Guzzi.  

And, this, an unexpected sight near Intermont, W.V., once known by the more felicitous name, “Mutton."

And these, taken along the Cacapon River on W.V. 14 between Yellow Springs and Capon Bridge.

Home at last.

What a wonderful way to spend Veterans, Armistice, and Remembrance Day.  If I had chosen music ahead of time for this ride, it would have been ...

But how quickly we forget, so my romping reality was more like this in my head …

Best,

Bill

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, paulbrice, JohnA, lcjohnny, sideshowbob and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:15 am

I would gladly point my GRiSO in the direction of the Bean Settlement. Here in Moses Lake I've often made my way to the El Rodeo restaurant, which will have to do.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Bill, as always, most excellent.

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:19 pm

I admit, Bill inspired me to emulate his ride.  It got to almost 70f here today, so the GRiSO got rolled out for a little jaunt around the countryside.  Only 90 miles,mostly one lane country roads.  I justified riding by running some errands along the way.

Good thing I didn't go much farther, or ride too fast, as I got the last bit of use out of my front tire.  New one is leaning against the CBX, just waiting.

Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:42 am

What a great way to spend an Autumn day, marvellous.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Riding a lot of NASCAR tracks?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Formerly of the go fast turn left crowd, it's the rears that get burned off on the left side.
Fronts last a good long time.
Dunno what you're up to there?

Time for new shoes Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall   A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Quick Ride in the Fading Fall
Page 1 of 1