GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Plastic gas filter?

Go down 
+2
Oz1200Guzzi
JohnA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Plastic gas filter? Empty
PostSubject: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:57 am

Would anyone know if I have one of those plastic gas filters in my tank on my 2014?
A buddy gave me a metal one he had bought for his 2013 Stelvio and never used. Wondering if I need to do open heart on the tank some day.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:10 pm

yes, you should do it. Never can tell till you open it up as to what you already have.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Over here I've not seen a half plastic filter in a GRiSO, not that I can remember anyway. Thing is though it may of varied from market to market or year to year, I really don't know. Also, in Oz ethanol is easily avoided and it's the ethanol that reportedly causes the filters to fail I believe.

I'd see if you can find someone with a borescope, run the fuel down and have a peer through the filler. It should be easy enough to identify what filter you have.

I recently replaced mine when I changed the bodywork. First time I've changed the fuel filter in 140,000 km.......
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:32 pm

I don’t believe any GRiSO had a plastic fuel filter. If that were the case, this forum would be riddled with exploding filter posts, like V7 forums are.

I replaced mine a couple of years back when I was chasing what I thought was a fuel delivery issue. It was a bit clogged, but it wasn’t my problem.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:44 pm

I bought a cheap cell phone boroscope for this purpose. Much easier than pulling the tank. My GRiSO filter was all metal. I haven't checked the most recent acquisition yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:15 am

Many thanks everyone. I didn’t think about taking a look inside that way.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Just for reference, the above filter is a Mahle KL145, often available less expensively than if purchased in the Guzzi box. (Also a great replacement for most Aprilia and some Ducati). Genuine Oetiker clamps can be purchased in the US from belmetric.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic gas filter?   Plastic gas filter? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Plastic gas filter?
Page 1 of 1