GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs

Go down 
+5
Pete Roper
guzziownr
rick pope
beetle
Buellbloke
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Empty
PostSubject: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:32 pm

Whilst perusing various sites for info on lowered foot pegs for my GRiSO I stummbled upon a Moto Guzzi Le mans piece.
The bloke showed a mod with original pegs and mentioned buell pegs would make them even lower Shocked
So jumping on that info I found out that indeed buell custom lowered footpegs were a thing used on lots of different bikes.
25mm drop super strong peg and full size footpeg.

Had been looking into Knight Designs but their pegs are bloody expensive and in the USA with shipping and duty making them even more  Shocked
Spotted a picture of a snapped one  Shocked  I seen a picture Mr.... honest, can't find the f*cking thing now though  Laughing  
Prob a copy.
Be no snapping these bad boys if they can be made to fit the GRiSO.
Only downside is the Pegasus logo on the end Laughing
Hero blobs can be swapped for GRiSO ones I imagine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Turns out they are shit don't bother Laughing

Last edited by Buellbloke on Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:17 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:39 pm

Buellbloke wrote:

They are notoriously weak and been known to snap the peg off.

Utter bullshit.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:05 pm

beetle wrote:

Utter bullshit.

I rest my case

Last edited by Buellbloke on Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:06 pm

I have a set of those Buell pegs. They worked just fine on the Blackbird, but not the GRiSO. I'm a frugal sob and like to save a buck when I can. I bought the Knight Design 1" drop and am a happy boy.

I've stood on my KD pegs and they didn't snap, and Mr. Gravity is tugging on me pretty hard.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:10 pm

rick pope wrote:
I have a set of those Buell pegs.

If they are no use send them to me for postage I'll have a crack at them?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:15 pm

I still have the Blackbird, so will keep them.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:33 pm

rick pope wrote:
I still have the Blackbird, so will keep them.

Was joking otherwise would have asked what you wanted for them, no point if they is no good.
If could purchase the KD ones at cost in the UK without being stung on shipping and duty would have a pair.

What was the issue with the buell ones Rick can you recall?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:21 pm

The Buell pegs have a different angle between the peg and the bracket. I seem to remember they're off by about 30*-40*. Had they been close, I'd have given them a try.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:22 pm

beetle wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:

They are notoriously weak and been known to snap the peg off.
Utter bullshit.

Good thing I didn't hear about this when I weighed 270 and stood on the KD pegs on every ride.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:02 pm

I crashed on my KD pegs maybe 5 times. One time on a tight hairpin the peg bit into the bitumen and I got bounced across the centreline. I've scraped them, and stood on them multiple times, but I'm only a 100kg.

I maintain my call of "bullshit".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:21 pm

beetle wrote:

I crashed on my KD pegs maybe 5 times. One time on a tight hairpin the peg bit into the bitumen and I got bounced across the centreline. I've scraped them, and stood on them multiple times, but I'm only a 100kg.

I maintain my call of "bullshit".

Performed another ebay search for Knight Design Footpegs available in the UK, low and behold.
eBay item number:
Read the sellers description in case any of you f*ckers require authentication.

I reckon this bloke has an early version of the pegs as can see no extra support section like on the buell footpegs.
Just saying Laughing

Last edited by Buellbloke on Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:17 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Excellent. I've added you to my cunt list. Don't bother asking for a custom map either, because you can go and get fucked!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:30 pm

beetle wrote:

Excellent. I've added you to my cunt list. Don't bother asking for a custom map either, because you can go and get fucked! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Aww luvs you too!  Laughing  Happy Christmas and Happy New Year  Cool

I work my arse off "NOT" to post half decent stuff thats prob been posted dozens of times.
I take on board every bit of advice given and fully attempt as fast as humanly possible to implement it.
I have the utmost respect for Yourself and Mr Roper in your areas of expertise but one thing am not is a kiss arse.
I respect others who give me respect, I try to treat as I would like to be treated.
From an end of Uk season GRiSO purchase to getting it sorted and back on the road for Spring.
I've yet to grease the head race bearings, install the solenoid fix.
Only reason balancing the throttle bodies and applying a map was not a priority was down to fact bike runs fine.
It's not sluggish or slow, it dont drink the fuel apart from the first ride on knackered petrol.
I will buy a beetle map balance and tps the throttle bodies in the early part of this year.

Did you see my post about the finger in the bumhole becker stand mod with full respects given to the person who supplied the information You!
Posted it around same time you called my peg post bullshit.
What I wrote about it is fact, the original design is bollocks, its unsafe in its original form.
I probably annoyed you back when I first mentioned it and you mentioned the fix.
I didnt just hear you, I did exacly what you said with pictures  Smile
My bike had just got trashed was not happy though.

You attacked my post about the footpegs with aplomb, you went straight for the throat no messing.
I did exagerate it some so in part deserved abuse  Laughing
Am nearly 60 and had a Stroke my brain is addled to f*ck.
I forget stuff.
I know I had seen the broken footpeg somewhere.
Am a biker you called my post bullshit it weren't and for that you get the finger.
If you have other issues PM me and we can sort them like proper gentlemen.
Happy New Year  cheers

Last edited by Buellbloke on Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:15 pm

Actually 'Respect' doesn't seem to be in your lexicon normally. You are aggressive, belligerent and on at least on occasion you have suggested that if anybody wishes to argue with you you are physically large and have no problems with sorting things out with your fists, something you described as 'Fun'.

When called to account for such behaviour we are subjected to snivelling and whiny explanations that you've suffered a brain injury. Sorry, having an ABI doesn't excuse being a belligerent, threatening arsehole.

Grow up. I've rarely seen such puerile behaviour. What are you? An adult or a petulant six year old.

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:17 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Actually 'Respect' doesn't seem to be in your lexicon normally. You are aggressive, belligerent and on at least on occasion you have suggested that if anybody wishes to argue with you you are physically large and have no problems with sorting things out with your fists, something you described as 'Fun'.

When called to account for such behaviour we are subjected to snivelling and whiny explanations that you've suffered a brain injury. Sorry, having an ABI doesn't excuse being a belligerent, threatening arsehole.

Grow up. I've rarely seen such puerile behaviour. What are you? An adult or a petulant six year old.

Blah blah blah
Most of your first sentence has absolutley nothing to do with anything, it is pertaining to some nutter knocking on my front door due to posting my address on this forum.
It was between myself and paulbrice who sent me some indicator nacells for nothing but him being a decent bloke, it had nothing to do with you or anybody else.
Stalker alert!! Only nutters so far encountered is you and beetle Laughing
And here I thought only women were like pink elephants never forgetting and always dragging up past stuff you can never remember.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Acid Bath Thumbs Up

The only petulant 6 year old is beetle throwing his rattle out of the pram
Takes uncle Peter to come to his rescue, aww rock him better Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:59 am

Sorry BB but bye
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:25 pm

good grief
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:53 pm

I don't think it's the stroke as much as his Mum and Dad were brother and sister.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:11 pm

sideshowbob wrote:
I don't think it's the stroke as much as his Mum and Dad were brother and sister.

Laughing Ape certainly inbred maybe, am still tanned and its mid winter, global warming.
I wish someone had informed me giving the finger was not a sign of respect.
My mates all get one and we have a laugh about it or they give me the finger back call me cunt or wanker.
Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:20 pm

Buellbloke wrote:
rick pope wrote:

I have a set too - i have no need for them, message me if you want them
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:21 am

Bentombed wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:
rick pope wrote:

Sell them! if they are in decent condition they are worth a £100 of whatever currency you have.
I already bought a set.
Apart from some minor modification to the width of the mount on the footrest and obtaining some stainless 10.9mm tube, plus GSXR 750 springs am very pleased with them.
I personally think the counter/angle is good, the grip superb, the width of the peg is superior to chinese short width dropper pegs, the drop is 1.5inch.
As already mentioned they fit the mount perfect with light modification.
Left side only requires gearchange adjuster rod and peg moved slightly, though right side does require a dropper toe peg.
Saved me over £100 plus. Perhaps they require too much effort for some to adapt hence the dislike.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bentombed likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:54 am

I had not thought about putting them on the GRiSO! i had them for a V11 scura resto i am doing. The extra inch back would be much more comfortable.

Buellbloke wrote:
Bentombed wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:
rick pope wrote:

Sell them! if they are in decent condition they are worth a £100 of whatever currency you have.
I already bought a set.
Apart from some minor modification to the width of the mount on the footrest and obtaining some stainless 10.9mm tube, plus GSXR 750 springs am very pleased with them.
I personally think the counter/angle is good, the grip superb, the width of the peg is superior to chinese short width dropper pegs, the drop is 1.5inch.
As already mentioned they fit the mount perfect with light modification.
Left side only requires gearchange adjuster rod and peg moved slightly, though right side does require a dropper toe peg.
Saved me over £100 plus. Perhaps they require too much effort for some to adapt hence the dislike.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:51 am

Bentombed wrote:
The extra inch back would be much more comfortable.

Do it! Sand the leading edge as this is more a guide than a support piece, its a fully braced peg.
It's a bit laboreous and takes about 20 mins by hand though with a belt/bench sander should take no more than a few minutes.
Requires a short length of tube to be fitted in its mounting holes, its 10.9mm weird size but I got some.
Suzuki do make the part/tube but never needed to research it.
The original GRiSO pin fits inside perfect.
Springs are these ( Suzuki Footrest Spring 09448-18022-000 ) copy and paste to your browser.
Am aware these are buell pegs and buell makes a spring but it works with their pin and has no need of the tube.
Should you prefer to use all Suzuki parts if have trouble sourcing the tube its part number can be found in the picture.
Just write it down and search for it like the spring.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 am

Dropped footrests also available for the GRiSO by using adjustable pegs
E.g. from MFW in germany Linky for MFW many many choices but about £130 from them or £90 on Ebay from  M and P (without the locating pins).

But adjustable pegs are 20mm wider than the originals....just sayin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs    Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Buell Lowered 1inch Firebolt Footpegs
Page 1 of 1