GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FlatTappeter
Carlotto
Carlotto
FlatTappeter

Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings Empty
PostSubject: Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings   Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:54 am

Hi,

Am fitting a new air box to my 1200 Sport 8V, as the oil drain spigot on the original broke off.  The oil drain hose also went missing, and I don't recall how it was originally routed.

From the air box spigot, it looks as though the hose could go either side of the gear selector shaft.  Please see 1st photo.  Would it originally have gone left (1) or right (2)?  Also, would it have gone inside or outside the gearbox output/swingarm, before dropping through the keeper (arrowed, 2nd photo) on the centre stand bracket?

As I pulled the right side metal plate for better access, the free end of the gearbox breather hose (arrowed, 2nd photo) flopped out.  The last time I had the plate off I'm pretty sure the hose wasn't just tucked behind it, so I'm wondering if the dealer put it there when they were working on the bike.  I checked the triple hose clip on the underside of the swingarm and that is fully occupied, so I don't know where the hose should end up, or how it should get there.

Thanks, guys.

Colin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings   Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi Flat tappeter
From working on my GRiSO (i have no 'keeper' loop on mine)
the hose drops to the right of the clutch "command cylinder" marked (1) in your first picture, it then drops down the shock absorber 'well' in the middle of the swing arm alongside the shock absorber

it seems to fit quite easily there and has not snagged on anything in 9000ml (but no guarantees that this is where it should go )

BtW how hard is it to take out the airbox?

FlatTappeter likes this post

Back to top Go down
FlatTappeter
Carlotto
Carlotto
FlatTappeter

PostSubject: Re: Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings   Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:40 pm

Hi Jon,

The air box came out fairly easily, once I used a large, flat-bladed screwdriver to (gently) leaver the rubber "trumpets" away from the intake flanges. (In warm weather you may not even need to lever them.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings   Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Air box oil drain and gearbox breather hose routings
Page 1 of 1