GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2022 5:40 pm

Says I need a google drive and wont let me have access?
Any help or am I such a leper that no f*cker will help me Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2022 5:57 pm

What do you need to know? Only real difference to yours is the motor and even then the valve clearances are still 4 & 6 thou. At the mileage it's done it'd be worth checking/replacing the belt and of course it will likely need swingarm bearings and a suspension double con-rod and new bearings in the wishbone. Other than that it should be pretty good as long as it hasn't been crashed or bashed.

Get some Valpolini rocker cover gaskets to avoid heartache and leaks after doing the valves.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2022 6:26 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
What do you need to know? Only real difference to yours is the motor and even then the valve clearances are still 4 & 6 thou. At the mileage it's done it'd be worth checking/replacing the belt and of course it will likely need swingarm bearings and a suspension double con-rod and new bearings in the wishbone. Other than that it should be pretty good as long as it hasn't been crashed or bashed.

Get some Valpolini rocker cover gaskets to avoid heartache and leaks after doing the valves.

It came with a full set of data cables are these the same ones for the 1200 Pete?

Does it use a stepper motor as ticks over at a 1000, when clutch depressed stays at a 1000?
Throttle bodies are different has a lot less adjustment screws but a single yellow painted left side one dont look like its been moved.

It also has some new spare rocker cover gaskets and bloke reckons they was changed not too long ago as was weeping.
As to whether they are Valpolini I really dont know.
Its defo been crashed and bashed (dropped) but mate rode it 100 miles, 160kilometers today doing between 80mph and 110mph in gusty torential rain.
Brake arm is well bent inwards shockingly so.
It handles good he reckons, bloke is a bit of a nutter and will extract every ounce he can out of it.
Fork tops are different, length overall is same the bottoms are taller as different caliper mount.
Dont know if they have been dropped thru top yoke or not?
I sorted the user code as was asking for it, will sort him a startus interuptus 2 relay as soon as made another.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 pm

If the cables are as used for Guzzidiag they are identical. You just choose GRiSO 1100 from the Guzzidiag drop down menu when connecting.

The Throttle bodies have identical adjustments and 'No Touch' screws and nuts. The air bleeds are on the outside of the TB's though in the front one of the two cast in *Tubes* on the side of the castings. They are adjusted with a small, flat bladed, screwdriver. Throttle stop screw is similar to the 50mm units but goes through the cast post on the TB casting and does not have the strange welded on nut arrangement.

Low idle could be a number of things but as with all W5AM Guzzis with the exception of the Bellagio the idle speed is hard coded into the ecu and controlled by the stepper which sits between the TB's in the same position as on the 1200's. One difference is that the 1100's and early 1200's use the metal bodied stepper which is more prone to gumming up than the later plastic bodied one. As with the other CARC bikes if the oil is kept 'Topped up' to the full mark expulsion into the airbox and consequent fouling of the TB's will occur. Taking them off and giving them a thorough clean and then flushing the stepper by cycling it with Guzzidiag while spraying Carby/TB cleaner up the feed tube from the airbox may free it up. Target idle on the pushrod motors is a bit lower than the 8V. 1150+/-50 I seem to remember. Corrected TPS value is 4.6. The tick-over increase with clutch pull is an 8V thing and only on some of them. Don't ask me, I just work here........

The Valpollini gaskets are metal with a coating on them. Reuseable they also won't get squeezed out like the shitty factory ones.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2022 2:44 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If the cables are as used for Guzzidiag they are identical. You just choose GRiSO 1100 from the Guzzidiag drop down menu when connecting.

The Throttle bodies have identical adjustments and 'No Touch' screws and nuts. The air bleeds are on the outside of the TB's though in the front one of the two cast in *Tubes* on the side of the castings. They are adjusted with a small, flat bladed, screwdriver. Throttle stop screw is similar to the 50mm units but goes through the cast post on the TB casting and does not have the strange welded on nut arrangement.

Low idle could be a number of things but as with all W5AM Guzzis with the exception of the Bellagio the idle speed is hard coded into the ecu and controlled by the stepper which sits between the TB's in the same position as on the 1200's. One difference is that the 1100's and early 1200's use the metal bodied stepper which is more prone to gumming up than the later plastic bodied one. As with the other CARC bikes if the oil is kept 'Topped up' to the full mark expulsion into the airbox and consequent fouling of the TB's will occur. Taking them off and giving them a thorough clean and then flushing the stepper by cycling it with Guzzidiag while spraying Carby/TB cleaner up the feed tube from the airbox may free it up. Target idle on the pushrod motors is a bit lower than the 8V. 1150+/-50 I seem to remember. Corrected TPS value is 4.6. The tick-over increase with clutch pull is an 8V thing and only on some of them. Don't ask me, I just work here........

The Valpollini gaskets are metal with a coating on them. Reuseable they also won't get squeezed out like the shitty factory ones.

Cool thats some useful information Pete thankyou all logged and stored Cool

Pete Roper wrote:
The tick-over increase with clutch pull is an 8V thing and only on some of them. Don't ask me. Don't ask me, I just work here........
 Laughing
Mine does it, its horrible like having a dragging clutch sympton. I tend to let the clutch out a tad brings it down at traffic lights.
Am on the verge of my Beetle remap.
Balance was is good, tickover annoying and TPS had been reset.
Fuel consumption on my bike is abysmal 30mpg in town 35mpg on a run in the country keeping it under 5k.
Had I not insulted and fallen out with Mark he would have poss me made me a map to resolve that issue
(Am sorry Mark for being a cunt, comes natural too me please forgive my insurrection)
I miss our occassional GRiSO meanderings Sad

Imagine educating a man with a bigger attitude problem than mine will be problematic.
Some people wont accept factual informative knowledge easily.
Just trying to get him to view the mode screen and battery info was bad enough, and change that user code so dint have to wait for the battery screen delay.
Am like mate if it says 11.9 your going to get a non start click, its like they know everything yet know nothing.
Its not really startus interuptus its just a shitty 2 year old low amp weedy Motobatt battery.
A bit like me with the head breather and vomiting when first arrived here Laughing

Pete Roper wrote:
Oh right yea nah he's are just card type paper things, will endeavour to inform, doubt will get noticed until another leak happens though.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2022 5:37 am

Buellbloke wrote:

Balance was is good, tickover annoying and TPS had been reset.
Fuel consumption on my bike is abysmal 30mpg in town 35mpg on a run in the country keeping it under 5k.

Your fuel consumption is rather high Sad....Mine was that poor, but now my measured consumption is:  47mpg (UK gallons) one-up upon fast twisty, 45mpg on motorways  & 2-up i get 43mpg.

For me the main improvement in mpg was throughly cleaning the oily gum out of the airways in the throttle bodies before the re-synch.
(Incidentally i get very good & quick results doing the re-synch by riding around with 2 dial manometers strapped to the handlebars like Paul Brice suggests)
Then a bit more mpg from putting the figure 8 silencer on with that map
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 2:44 am

Pete Roper wrote:

They dont look too much like what is currently available besides the new kit is only £30

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 3:17 am

Dunno the provenance or efficacy of said cables. Try and see if they work. Most of us use the ovens from Lonelec that always work.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 4:15 am

Some of those eyes look like of svga? You only need a std usb to the pc
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 4:54 am

lcjohnny wrote:
Some of those eyes look like of svga? You only need a std usb to the pc
Did think they were all serial bus.
So the module in the picture does one need that or just a cable from laptop to PC?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 5:20 am

mine was from lonelec for a KTM years ago but it is the same obd set up.
looks just like the pics on Beetle's post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 2:50 pm

FFS! They're VDST cables they won't bloody work with GuzziDiag.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 4:09 pm

beetle wrote:

Thats the kind of answer was looking for thankyou Mark in the bin with them Laughing
Its the only area of maintenance I've not ventured into as suffered a setback Shocked
Now though bike feels like it has flat spots and fuel consumption is abysmal, plus my mates 1100 feels a lot more responsive Sad

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 5:33 pm

beetle wrote:

Thought they might be but the last time I saw that shite was about 2010. My brain doesn't hold information for that long any more....... Laughing

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual   Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1100 Workshop Manual
Page 1 of 1