GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Empty
PostSubject: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:35 am

rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit are they avaliable brembo ps13b is correct for my 06 1100 I think
all the guzzi suppliers in uk say not avaliable
thought they were same as ducati but no ducs are ps11
any leads chaps?
Regards Steve B
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:17 pm

I spotted something on Demon Tweeks, think it a s complete assembly though
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm

While I can't help with the rebuild kit I would like to reiterate how important changing the fluid is, especially the clutch fluid but brakes as well regularly.

Bikes I see failures on are almost universally ones where the fluid seems to have been changed rarely, if ever.

A case in point is my Green Shitter. The previous owner may of spent a fortune on horrible exhausts and power commanders followed by, when the PC died, money for a truly awful attempt at a map but he never spent money on brake fluid! When Michael was going through the hydraulics the fluid reservoirs looked like a meth lab! It's a 2010 and it never looked like it had been changed! The result of this is that the clutch master is buggered. It still works, to a point, but it does that thing of if you feather it in traffic the fluid leaks past the primary seal so even if you pull the lever to the bar the clutch still drags sufficiently to prevent shifting into neutral and unless you remember to fully stroke the piston prior to releasing there will be a leak point where the clutch automatically disengages! It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's more than a little disconcerting!

All of that could of been avoided just by changing the fluid once a year! Now I have to shout it a new Master Cylinder which is boring and expensive!
Back to top Go down
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

PostSubject: Re: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:44 pm

Thanks chaps
took one off my currently in dispose ducati monster -it bled up in 3 pumps looking hopeful
will test tomorrow on way to work
the GRiSO one is half nylon or simalar lined with a plastic piston not seen that before
Regards Steve
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:14 pm

I bought full unit for 8V GRiSO from Demon Tweaks in Apr 2019 - it was only £61; so only £30 north of the rebuild kit at the time....

steveb likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:53 pm

Yep, buy a new one. The PS13B isn't repairable. Or, get a PS12. It can be rebuilt, and has a 12.7mm piston. Allegedly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

steveb likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit   rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

rear brake master cylinder rebuild kit
Page 1 of 1