GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

2 valve engines - camshaft chain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

2 valve engines - camshaft chain Empty
PostSubject: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:12 am

Hi everyone,

I searched the forum about this topic, but I just found posts about the 4 valve engines...
I checked the Service Manual I have but I couldn't find usefull information either...
Basically my questions are:
- Does the camshaft chain needs to be tensioned? When?
- When will it need to be replaced?
My engine has now 42.000 km. I hear the usual mechanical orchestra, but nothing very alarming...

Thanks and best regards,
Matias
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm

This link has service schedules for the 2 valver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And a further link to the owners book flower
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:58 pm

Matias, think of your cam chain around 100,000 km - should be good until then, I hope
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:24 pm

Thank you guys
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:26 am

Yeah, not really necessary to do it any time soon but I'd say 100,000 is a good time to do it. Why? Well for one it's very easy. For two the cam chain tensioner isn't the best and you can end up with timing flutter if it gets too sloppy, thirdly if you leave it W-A-Y too long it will start sawing it's way out of the timing chest!

I believe, but I'm not certain, that you can now get a Valtech type 'Blade' tensioner for the later engines which would be a huge improvement over the crappy 'Flappy Foot' tensioner used by the factory.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:42 am

Thank you Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 valve engines - camshaft chain   2 valve engines - camshaft chain Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

2 valve engines - camshaft chain
Page 1 of 1