GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)

Go down 
+2
beetle
FreshEgg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Empty
PostSubject: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welder friend blew a hole through it when attempting fix. Does anyone here have one to sell?

The Agostini Y-Pipe is a last resort as I really, really like the stock power profile.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:41 pm

Good luck. The pretzel is now made from unobtainium.

Don't even consider the Agostini. The Arrow Ti midpipe works. I run one on my GRiSO. I can tweak the map to compensate for the one less 90 bend.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:39 pm

Thanks, Beetle.

Hunt now on for the Arrow Ti midpipe.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:05 pm

Jeezus Jin. You already know the best welder in Seattle. Before tossing it in the bin, give a real artist a try.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:47 pm

My experience with exhaust pipe repairs reminds me to braze them rather than weld them.  A weld is too brittle, and will probably crack again under duress, whereas  brazing seems to hold together.

Certainly won't do any harm to try.  Smile

Edit:  Just remembered that the stock 'double-silencer" was swapped out early in the peace for a single Mistral that I had lying around.  A lot less weight for the crossover to deal with.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:27 pm

Steak wrote:
Jeezus Jin.  You already know the best welder in Seattle.  Before tossing it in the bin, give a real artist a try.

LoL. But, but, but... it's pedestrian stuff. Not Art. (Joking. Love ya, Pete!)

Actually, I'm kinda shy about that kinda stuff: favors and obligations. Maybe it's an Asian thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:39 pm

[quote="kiwi dave"] My experience with exhaust pipe repairs reminds me to braze them rather than weld them.  A weld is too brittle, and will probably crack again under duress, whereas  brazing seems to hold together.

Certainly won't do any harm to try.
 Smile

Agreed on brazing. Bad judgment on my part. Original plan was to beg at the back door of a local custom bicycle frame shop. The crew there braze and TIG weld thin wall Cro-Moly all day long.

In any case, ordered two Arrow Ti midpipes from Italy last night. Fingers crossed they arrive. In hindsight, that's kinda paranoid, eh? Source is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:15 am

I have a stock Y-pipe but I'm pretty sure it's cracked somewhere even though I don't see anything obvious. It had a bad exhaust leak until I replaced it with an Arrow Ti pipe and it runs so much better now, even with a mild torque loss (it's not super noticeable after a few days of riding it).

I got the 2-1 arrow mid from these guys, shipping took 1.5 weeks. It was way cheaper then any other option I found.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:16 pm

FreshEgg wrote:
Steak wrote:
Jeezus Jin.  You already know the best welder in Seattle.  Before tossing it in the bin, give a real artist a try.

LoL. But, but, but... it's pedestrian stuff. Not Art. (Joking. Love ya, Pete!)

Actually, I'm kinda shy about that kinda stuff: favors and obligations. Maybe it's an Asian thing. Very Happy

Yeah, but Pete's not Asian...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:11 pm

Stop being silly, give me a call, Jin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Steak and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)   WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

WTB - Crossover Pipe (aka Pretzel)
Page 1 of 1