GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Corbin Seat ideas

Go down 
+6
Pete Roper
guzziownr
Steak
beetle
Converted Duc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:20 pm

Hi folks, could those that have a Corbin seat on a black GRiSO please post some pictures. I am thinking of purchasing one and just cannot picture the seat on my bike in the configuration thingy they have on the website.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:26 pm

When my GRiSO was black...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:27 pm

In the meantime, click on any of the "Similar topics" links after the last post in this thread.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:21 pm

Mine is the "big boy" edition. 1-1/2 inches higher than stock.

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:36 pm

Thank you I struggle to think how it would look Beetles seat is how I imagined mine.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:38 pm

There are pictures of both Mark's and my bikes with Corbins on in the 'What did you do with your GRiSO today' thread posted yesterday for comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:15 am

Have really enjoyed mine.

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:10 am

GRiSO and Corbin  black and white

Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:00 am

I know you asked for black bikes to see the contrast better, but hopefully my '2014 works too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One thing I noticed is that the stock seat is actually a little more comfortable (softer) and definitely so for a passenger.
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:07 am

Hello, exactly THAT is a fallacy.

Softer standard seat yes, but after 200 km the butt already hurts.

The Corbin seat has a wider seat surface for better support.
However, the firmer construction helps to prevent singeing, so you can ride 1000 km at a stretch.

I was in Mandello del Lario in 2021 and only made it with an additional AirHawk air cushion.

This year, 2022, I was in Mandello and completely fresh and not strained.

So: always a Corbin seat again.

Greetings.Holger.

moby, Utesch and PJPR01 like this post

Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:45 pm

Holger wrote:
Hello, exactly THAT is a fallacy.

Greetings.Holger.

Maybe... and maybe not.

You may be right about the seat being more comfortable over long distances; most of my rides have been shorter ones where the stock seat didn't feel too bad.

Based upon what my 55kg female passenger with a bony rear end told me, however, she hates the Corbin, but doesn't mind the stock seat. To her it is more comfortable and it offers a much larger seating area.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:57 am

The Corbin is made for a single rider. The back isn’t meant for a passenger. Corbin will tell you it needs a 2,000 mile break in period. Love mine.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:58 pm

JohnA wrote:
The Corbin is made for a single rider. The back isn’t meant for a passenger.

To quote Holger from another post, "Exactly THAT is a fallacy."

Nowhere on the Corbin website does it state WARNING! SOLO SEAT ONLY! Looking at the seat on the web, an alert buyer will realize that the design is biased for a single rider and probably come to that conclusion independently, however, Corbin takes the time to pad the back section of the seat in their design. This, at least to me, suggests that it can be used in a manner comparable to what passes for pillion "seats" on many modern sport bikes, i.e. not a great passenger accommodation but passable for a short distance. In fact, I think Corbin even states the same thing on their website.

So, being hard-headed and having a small wife (and also liking the Corbin design), I/we tried it out for a couple of short rides here in town. My wife summarily reported back that I should swap the seat out for the stocker. Actually, her words were more like "F___ this seat!"

Just posting here in case anyone else cares to try and ride two-up on this particular Corbin design. If your wife is an amply sized Haus Frau and you try this experiment, she will likely rip off your helmet and hit you with it when you reach your destination and then take off on your bike.

Utesch likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:54 am

Well then, for heavens sake, don’t polish that seat cause your wife will slide right off the back with the angle of the back of the seat. I wouldn’t expect my cat to be comfortable back there.
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:32 am

From the Corbin webpage on the GRiSO seat:
“Although designed primarily as a solo saddle, Corbin's Gunfighter seat provides for short trip passenger transportation on the padded and upholstered tail section. Don't expect them to be happy back there for too long though.”
I guess it’s prolly why they call it a Gunfighter seat and not a Chicklifter...

moby and Utesch like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corbin Seat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat ideas   Corbin Seat ideas Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Corbin Seat ideas
Page 1 of 1