GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Lonelec cable broke

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Lonelec cable broke  Empty
PostSubject: Lonelec cable broke    Lonelec cable broke  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:02 am

Met up with a fellow Grisoer in Holmes Chapel Sainsbury car park to read his map & connect Guzzidiag. Somewhere between testing my laptop in my garage this morning & the car park the croc clip broke off the end so Phil was left holding a bit of bare wire to the battery post for 10 mins to read the current map....

...anyway, question is what would happen if the croc clip broke off while reading or maybe worse writing the map onto a machine ?? Only asking as I'd rather not run it as an experiment ?? I've resoldered it back on !!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Lonelec cable broke    Lonelec cable broke  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:42 am

Hey Paul
If it is the earth wire clip that does not seem to have any effect (yes i did, and I did not notice until afterwards).

I had assumed that the eectronics just amplified the OBD signal?
If that is right it will either work or not see the OBD
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Lonelec cable broke    Lonelec cable broke  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:57 am

Hope it's not an earth wire clip as I've been connecting it to the + post of battery Very Happy ....maybe it doesn't matter but it is RED & there isn't another BLACK one !
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Lonelec cable broke    Lonelec cable broke  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:26 am

Ha mine has both red and black lol
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Lonelec cable broke    Lonelec cable broke  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:29 pm

You don't need to connect the black one.

I've deliberately tried to brick a 5AM, several ways. Pulled the red clip off mid write, disconnected the USB cable, turned the key off, etc. Can't kill 'em. You just start the write again, and away she goes...

That doesn't mean *you* should try it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

paulbrice and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lonelec cable broke    Lonelec cable broke  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lonelec cable broke
Page 1 of 1