GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greeting from County Antrim

Go down 
+4
Ahdammit
Laker
wyno
Steve Waller
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Waller
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steve Waller

Greeting from County Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:37 am

Had my 1100 GRiSO for a few weeks now. Always wanted one since a test ride at the factory in 2005 when I was at the GMG meet.

Bought the bike on ebay and rode it back from England.  Had my first "issue" on the way home when the fuel hose popped off the pump on the M6.  Sorted now with some proper submersible fuel pipe.

The previous owner has made some nice changes, including repainting the rocker covers, headlight rim, dash housing and exhaust cover trim black, mini indicators, silly mini-mirrors (since replaced with genuine Tuono mirrors), 1200 GRiSO bars, GPR exhaust (with shortened link pipe - since replaced with proper one so luggage would fit) and tail tidy.  I have since fitted Hepco Becker pannier frames and racks as needed luggage capacity and Stelvio hand guards as well as heated grips for our Irish weather.  Had Dunlop Sportsmax Qualifiers fitted when I got it, which wore out during a trip to the Manx GP, and have now been replaced by Michelin Road Pilot 3s.  Next job will be to look at the fuelling, as pops and bangs a bit on the over run, but otherwise loving it.

Anyway, here are some piccys, before and after the modifications I have made :-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and the dreaded fuel hose :-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Steve Waller on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:42 am

Welcome to the Ghetto. Glad to hear your loving your GRiSO. I got the Hepco and Becker racks as well. It's just a shame you can't use the topcase with the panniers on and vice versa. Have a chat to Beetle when he comes out of hospital about getting one of his maps for the GRiSO. It'll get rid of the pops and bangs and make it run better too. I'll be getting it for mine when I can.
Back to top Go down
Steve Waller
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steve Waller

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 am

Cheers Wyno, for some reasons some of the piccys don't seem to be working, but will try and fix it - photos fixed!

Last edited by Steve Waller on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Back to top Go down
Ahdammit
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ahdammit

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Greetings to you too. Rode in Antrim many times, good roads and great folks.
Back to top Go down
Steve Waller
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steve Waller

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Also forgot to say, been playing with the rear shock as found the standard spring way too soft when riding with a pillion. Picked up an Ohlins 1093-49/130 spring cheap from ebay. Needed a 25mm spacer (the 1093 is only 150mm long) but the spring rate seems perfect for me, either solo or with a pillion, and the suspension no longer bottoms out on bumps.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:13 am

What a beautiful bike.
I am trying Pilot Road 3's next too.
I cranked up my spring nearly all the way up. but I need to have the shock tuned by a race shop with an stronger spring installed. The matris shock has a lot of good reviews.

DM
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:21 am

A warm welcome to another 1100 owner. Excellent machine with a pleasing balance of accessories and treatments.
The hand guards...
every time I see them, to me reminds me of BMW R1200GS.
They're practical in cold and wet climates, such as your and mine.
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:20 am

Welcome Steve
Sweet bike and just like mine.
Yes the dreaded fuel hose.
I got my bike with 8000kms on it, pulled the pump out to check the hose and it came off with a light twist,lucky.
Hand guards I have Barkbuster Storm on mine and like them.

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome to ghetto neighbour, we nearly arrived together. Nice bike!

Guzzi Cat,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from County Antrim   Greeting from County Antrim Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greeting from County Antrim
Page 1 of 1