GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fork disassembly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilbur
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Wilbur

Fork disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Fork disassembly   Fork disassembly Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 pm

Hi I’m in the process of pulling my forks apart. I have the cartridge out and the circlip out of it but no matter what I try can’t get the compression valve out the bottom of cartridge. It feels like there is a ridge on valve thats catching on circlip groove. We tried heatgun and tapping rebound rod to knock it out but no good

Does anyone are any ideas? PLEASE
Back to top Go down
Wilbur
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Wilbur

Fork disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork disassembly   Fork disassembly Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:00 pm

Stress has been averted.. we got a socket that was very close to the diameter of inside of cartridge and then wrapped it with 400g wet n dry paper and smoothed/lapped the exit part of inside cartridge, just below the circlip groove. Got the valve out. Yay. Wondering what caused the problem, bottoming out perhaps?
No matter, onwards

Nobleswood and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Fork disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork disassembly   Fork disassembly Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:13 am

Good to hear you got over that hurdle.

Having not dismantled the forks before I wasn’t sure if I was about to bugger up the stuck valve in trying to get it out myself. But after that the only issue was trying to remember the assembly sequence.

As the Racetech book preaches; cleanliness, cleanliness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fork disassembly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork disassembly   Fork disassembly Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fork disassembly
Page 1 of 1