GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?

Go down 
+6
wyno
lcjohnny
GhostBullet
Pete Roper
bioman
Chris W
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Empty
PostSubject: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:52 am

we all know how strong the GRiSO is, but has anyone documented who's GRiSO has gone the farthest?
mine is a mere pup at 28,100 US miles with no major work required

what's on your odometer?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:22 am

Mine is at 57,000km and counting.

The usual (grease-related) preventive maintenance and the usual PITA with faulty oil pressure sensor (resulting in red warning lights, but now replaced) and non-functioning stepper motor (leading to high idle, but now disconnected). Other than that rock solid.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:01 pm

Yellow bike is up to 149,000 Km.

I think Michael Wynd's GRiSO is well over 200,000 now?

There are plenty of stupidly high mileage Stelvios out there.

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and Frederico Pessoa like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:56 pm

Mines getting close to 200 kin the clock.
Just meaning I may need to learn a little more about it's beating heart to keep things good.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:20 am

43000 miles
smooth and quiet as a new Guzzi can be
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:56 pm

I'm just coming up on 180,000km now Pete.

lcjohnny, Pawel Spoon and Frederico Pessoa like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:03 pm

My mistake. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:28 pm

Didn't Vic's Stelvio do 140,000 miles before he had to get amongst it? That's 225308 km's.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:48 pm

Yup, something like that, and he only swapped the motor because he had a much lower mileage one out of his first Stelvio. It was the clutch slipping that prompted him to go in. It spat out a shock absorber spring from the friction plate I think?
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:43 am

My 8v Sport is at almost 67k miles,600 miles on it when i got it, i rollerised it at 20k. Just had the niggles of leaking oil pressure switch and sump spacer gasket in 8 years,apart from normal wear and tear on parts.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Tue May 02, 2023 7:03 am

My GRiSO is also at 67,280 miles. I was working on maintenance all night on Monday. And degreased and regreased swingarm and rear linkage. My original grease job has held up and has no signs of wear due to that fact. The little seals that protect the needle bearings of dogbone assembly are engineered very well I must say. Dropped some coin on a nice set of cast Brembo wheels waiting on final component of switch which is the spindle and spacer. Roll another 66,000 on them I hope...what a machine!
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2023 4:51 am

30,000 miles on my '06 1100.
I've had it 10 years and every year I keep telling myself to ride it more!
It's suffered from the usual little niggles, Startus Interuptus was sorted by a bypass kit, fuel hose fell off the pump inside the tank sorted with a new hose, clip and filter, oil pressure sensor needed replacing, the headlight rattles but easily sorted with blu tak.
It's easy to maintain, the only job I've ever farmed out was the regreasing on sthe swingarm bushes.

Aside from these small problems, the bike is a dream to ride, I dropped the forks about 8mm through the yokes which sharpened the steering up and a Beetle map was the icing on the cake. Always positive comments from others when the bike's parked up and it's always an event to see another GRiSO on the road.

I'll be keeping this one 'til I can no longer swing a leg over it.

beetle, GhostBullet and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?   HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

HOW FAR CAN A GRiSO GO?
Page 1 of 1