12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spys & Lies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:58 pm

I was previously reprimanded by another forum owner for putting a link from that site to the Ghetto, to save me double posting about wheel mods.
My link was deleted by him.

Yesterday there were two new GRiSO owners looking for answers to tuning EFI, I pm'd them both to check out Beetles work.
This morning I rec'd another reprimand.

Seems like Homeland Security has gone mad, has the NSA infiltrated GuzziTech? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by ghezzi on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:25 pm

I'm persona non grata at that site, and a certain Malibu resident's ego, greed and ignorance means that it's his way or the highway.

Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Yep, I've farted in his general direction.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Yep, I've farted in his general direction.

I approve of this.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Yes, he has his axe to grind and I am very wary of what I say. Especially now I am an administrator. Todd knows I have a custom map on one of his pipes, but I neglected to mention (should have bragged, in hindsight) how I did it or how well it works.

I'll keep my farts for the dooner - nothing like a dutch oven! If I end up getting kicked off, so be it. I can survive without Todd - he really should be broader minded, just like the rest of us...
cyclops
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Have to say that I haven't logged in over there for months. Just cant see the point, everything you need is here Thumbs Up

All the best
Pete
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Ahh, I wondered about the politics. Noted.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:21 pm

All I can add is that I have wasted a lot of time and money there and subsequent events have shown that the emperor has clothes that generally belong to someone else and those that don't are threadbare.

I don't mind being stiffed unduly. That's my risk. Stiff my pals I get shitty.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:42 am

Ok so he is reading all pm's, what about privacy, aren't there laws in the US? That as forum owner you are able to read all things people do, doesn't mean you should read all. I manage a forum over 10 years from Dutch MG club, I can read all that people PM each other, But I stay out of that. That is private conversation. And if you add small lines of text that the owner can read all or not, you should stay out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:55 am

They don't seem to have Private Mail anymore, but you can have an Open Conversation with an individual. Same system of sending/receiving but I wonder if the removal of the term "private" and inclusion of "open" has a different legal connotation.

Anyhow, he peaked and deleted.
I have removed that forum from my favourites list, If my posts had a delete button, I would use it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:22 am

Anything I post on the web I accept is free to all. Its worth exactly what anybody who views it pays for it. I'd like to think that over the years I've helped some people with my limited expertise but I'm not going to either die in a ditch or get all vindictive and try and excise content from any board regardless of motive or merit by the board manager.

I'm disappointed sometimes. Luckily I never expect my life to be a bed of roses.

I'm saddened by the situation but Malibu is scarcely the 'Real World' so normality as we understand it is not really to be expected I suppose....

I like living in bumfuck nowhere......
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:34 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Anything I post on the web I accept is free to all. Its worth exactly what anybody who views it pays for it. I'd like to think that over the years I've helped some people with my limited expertise but I'm not going to either die in a ditch or get all vindictive and try and excise content from any board regardless of motive or merit by the board manager.

I'm disappointed sometimes. Luckily I never expect my life to be a bed of roses.

I'm saddened by the situation but Malibu is scarcely the 'Real World' so normality as we understand it is not really to be expected I suppose....

I like living in bumfuck nowhere......

What you said.
Though, I like living at my WitsEnd Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:36 am

ghezzi wrote:

Anyhow, he peaked and deleted.

He's probably got a bot that alerts him to the terms "ghetto", "GuzziDiag" or "beetle".... Razz

...or "Roper"... Razz

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:05 am

Oh shit, have I said too much?

Personally I let sleeping dogs lie, but as Pete says everything we need is here, so if the shitstick is wielded, so be it. I will not be going to Guzzi heaven nor will I make GT GodFather status.

BTW, anything discussed here, stays here. Though I would love to shake things up in GT "Heaven". Mum's the word...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Damn shame...
It's worse than the fucking Apple proprietary shit really, or Sony. Two companies I will never even buy a paper clip from. Rolling Eyes
I almost bought the whole encholata from him with right side exhaust but I'm glad I was slow at pulling the trigger cause I was hopping to put my ass on a bike with his set up and also hear that exhaust.
I never rode a bike with the Malibu options but I don't need to now.
As for the exhaust, I had a chance to hear it on a bike while on a Mountain trip and although it sounded good, it was too loud for my taste even with the DB killer.
I would never buy a $800 system that I couldn't hear for myself anyway and now, I love my $380 GPR slip on I have now so that's that.

In the end, it really pays to educate yourself.
But really, how long do one think that one is THE ONLY OPTION out there??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Post on WG by some bloke with *All the Fruit* who ran a dB meter over it at full noise and recorded 124 dB!

Noise is just wasted energy. Never mind the fact you're deafening all and sundry. I loved the look of the right hand pipe but it didn't fit, didn't work, made the bike run like a bucket of shit. Essentially it encapsulated my GT experience apart from the fact it didn't patronise me or exploit my knowledge.

All good.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 am

Monitoring and deleting is a tad ordinary, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:33 am

I can read all your PMs??? Shocked

It already takes up plenty of my time just approving new accounts and responding to my own PMs…

At any rate, I'm fine with what you guys have posted here, but I'd prefer that it not go too much further into the laying of cudgels upon Malibu. Pick your poison I guess, or drink from all the vessels.

Y'all be cool. afro

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:04 pm

OK fair cop - I'm done - back to normal business - Moto Guzzis! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Pete, running a noise meter over something does not necessarily make it loud. Just sayin'

There is a proper process on measuring noise in Australia (I used to do it for the RTA some years back). There are a number of steps including a calculation on revs to test at based on capacity, no of cylinders, 2/4 stroke; weather, humidity, environment, cloud cover, temperature and the positioning of the measuring device is quite important.

Of equal importance is the equipment used and on the correct noise measurement type, dBA weighting.

Something at full noise will be noisy, as is mine, but only on full noise. The rest of the time it is manly, unlike myself clown
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 am

Steak wrote:
I can read all your PMs???  Shocked

It already takes up plenty of my time just approving new accounts and responding to my own PMs…

At any rate, I'm fine with what you guys have posted here, but I'd prefer that it not go too much further into the laying of cudgels upon Malibu.  Pick your poison I guess, or drink from all the vessels.

Y'all be cool.  afro

Spoken like a true L'Innominato!
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Bellagio and 1200 Sport (hope its not a Harley) owner posted on GT yesterday wanting to reload new map, I posted without ref to the ghetto but requested he email me.

Got an email this morning but also noticed Todd has deleted the email request from my post and launched a sales pitch.

Anyway, expect a new member with a Bellagio test mule for Beetle.

Hey, I'm cool!
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:06 pm

Just let it go.  It's a privately owned board and also a business.  He can do whatever he wants, it's his show.

No need to report back here.

Thanks.

flower

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm

That's bullshit though...
Have I known that site was all business and only about him, I'd never joined.

Anyway... much better ambiance here. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:18 pm

eh, it has its uses but I get my social and technical needs met here and apriliaforum just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spys & Lies   Today at 1:51 am

Back to top Go down

Spys & Lies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: