GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

1100 rear shock question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
drquackula
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
drquackula

1100 rear shock question Empty
PostSubject: 1100 rear shock question   1100 rear shock question Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 pm

The owners manual  shows that the bottom screw adjuster is rebound and the top screw adjuster is compression. It's wrong, right? Every thing I read about adjustment settings in various forums seem to indicate that it's the other way around. This is the first modern bike I've owned,  all my old bikes just have shock preload adjustment. I' have the front adjusted to where I like it (when I first got it it rode like a dump truck) but the rear has me stumped. I've taken 2 full turns off the preload but bumps at speed still make the rear seem to hop and send quire a jolt thru the seat. I know this has probably discussed to no end but I can't find the threads here. Any help (and settings) would be welcome! I weight 190# and ride at a pace not as aggressive as I'd like because of the rear shock problem. Would hate to hit a bump mid corner and have it do the hop/jolt.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: 1100 rear shock question   1100 rear shock question Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:22 am

Check these threads: (Click on the them)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They should get you going.

Eric
Back to top Go down
drquackula
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
drquackula

PostSubject: Re: 1100 rear shock question   1100 rear shock question Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1100 rear shock question   1100 rear shock question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

1100 rear shock question
Page 1 of 1