GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Excessive fuel consumption

Go down 
+2
orngm2
Duquois
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duquois
Carlotto
Carlotto
Duquois

Excessive fuel consumption  Empty
PostSubject: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:26 am

Hi folks,
Hopefully you can offer some advice.
My 8v GRiSO has started using double the fuel it used to.
The plugs are new, air filter is clean. It runs on both pots.
I've tried new injectors, no change. I've even tried a spare fuel pump I had on the shelf, no change.
I reinstalled the Beetle map and set the GPS. It's run fine on this map for over 75k miles.
It pops and bangs on the overrun, loads of unused petrol into the exhaust I guess.
What am I overlooking?
Cheers, Andrew
Back to top Go down
orngm2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
orngm2

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:30 am

Check your air temp and engine temp sensors... using guzzidiag, are they accurate st start-up and changing as the bike warms up?

Duquois likes this post

Back to top Go down
Duquois
Carlotto
Carlotto
Duquois

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:44 am

Hi orngm2,
Thanks, I'll check those on Guzzidiag.
Will have to look it up first though!
Cheers
Andrew
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:28 pm

If you have the oil above halfway up the dipstick (= overfull) it will have chucked excess oil into the airbox which may have (1) filled the throttle airbleeds with oily gum (2) covered the airbaox temp sensor in insulating gunk.

Very easy to check (2) and if you lift the plate behind the battery you can see if there is oil puddled in the airbox - if so it is already in the airbleeds - sorry
Back to top Go down
Duquois
Carlotto
Carlotto
Duquois

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:15 pm

Thanks Johnny, I'll check both. Though I don't recall overfilling, it's worth a look. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:50 am

Maybe you're riding twice as fast !....on more serious note could be something under the seat has slipped to cover the snorkel inlet to airbox (we've all been there, especially if you removed the snorkel & put a puncture repair or tool kit in there !!!) OR could be dirty air filter. BTW did exhaust pop & bang previously ??

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:01 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
If you have the oil above halfway up the dipstick (= overfull) it will have chucked excess oil into the airbox which may have (1) filled the throttle airbleeds with oily gum (2) covered the airbaox temp sensor in insulating gunk.

Very easy to check (2) and if you lift the plate behind the battery you can see if there is oil puddled in the airbox - if so it is already in the airbleeds - sorry

If the throttle airbleeds get gunked up then wats the fix? can you take them out and whack em in the ultrasonic cleaner?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:03 pm

With the chokes off the bike you can unscrew the airscrews and blast the air bleeds clear with a can of carb cleaner

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:21 am

Can you tell me where exactly these chokes are located and what exactly to clean, because for some time I also had a little too much oil in the engine and some of it was thrown into the box under battery. Thank you very much. Regards
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:55 am

The chokes are the holes through the two throttle bodies.

Cleaning them involves removal then using Guzzi Diag and gauges to retune on replacement. Are you ok with that?
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:41 am

Thank you. I have a button, but my English is poor and I don't know if I can handle it myself without breaking something???

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:16 am

Understood.

It is worth learning the tune process anyway it really makes a difference and there is a lot of guidance on here

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excessive fuel consumption    Excessive fuel consumption  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Excessive fuel consumption
Page 1 of 1