12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker   Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:59 am

Every second start up of the GRiSO.
Warning indication on the dash. The right indicator/flasher/blinker inop. When checked the right hand front not operating as required , turn indicator flashing at double speed.

Either a few restarts later or ride the bike for 10 minutes and all warning indications disappear and the turn indicators operate as normal.
The lamps (nil visual fault ) have been changed several times and the defect returns.

Fairings removed and wiring connectors checked OK.

Has anybody else had a similar defect ???
Anybody have a clue how to fix it ?

My problem is I cant show anyone the defect confirmed to have it fixed under warrantee.
All the flasher can etc is in the instrument unit so no way of T/S

Anyone .... Your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker   Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:25 am

Hmmm... the double speed thing is usually because a bulb is out - front flashing fast = back is out and vice versa. Assuming the bulbs are good any chance the bulb holder is bad or that the wire to it has broken at the solder or somewhere? Then you'd have an intermittent thing. The every second startup issue? Strange indeed. Maybe just chance?
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker   Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:47 am

Hi Mike,
Yup, I've had this on my '08. Hey - maybe it's a free 'Gremlin' I shipped in with the Hugger ???
Same symptoms, same side too....

Anyway, it turned-out to be the small white plastic turn-signal connector under the dash. There's one for each indicator, where the wires come out of the stalk, and they don't have 'locking' tabs on them !!
I removed the dash (a few tiny 3mm-or-so hex bolts) and unplugged it, and found the loose connector. I cleaned them thoroughly, then shrunk a big piece of shrink tubing over them to hold them tight. Fine ever since.

Hope it's that, cos as you say, the 'turn relay' is in the dash CPU ...

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Phang
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker   Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 am

jeremyb wrote:
Hi Mike,
Yup, I've had this on my '08. Hey - maybe it's a free 'Gremlin' I shipped in with the Hugger ???
Same symptoms, same side too....

Anyway, it turned-out to be the small white plastic turn-signal connector under the dash. There's one for each indicator, where the wires come out of the stalk, and they don't have 'locking' tabs on them !!
I removed the dash (a few tiny 3mm-or-so hex bolts) and unplugged it, and found the loose connector. I cleaned them thoroughly, then shrunk a big piece of shrink tubing over them to hold them tight. Fine ever since.

Hope it's that, cos as you say, the 'turn relay' is in the dash CPU ...

Jeremy

Those are MOLEX two way connectors.

These are my GRiSO's rear turn signals. I re-crimped the cheapo ebay turn signals that came with bullet connectors to MOLEX.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker   Today at 12:45 am

Back to top Go down

Warning light R/H Forward Indicator / Flasher / Blinker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: