GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Empty
PostSubject: 2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind   2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:49 pm

Desperate times...........when I get a call to try and help someone that obviously knows less than I do.
Here's the scenario; this person is a colleague of the MGNOC contact here in Tucson. I helped him once too (adjusting his valves on his 2016 GRiSO). He still needs a throttle body synch too......Any way, this time the bike in question is a 2003 Lemans (I'm told) and is running rough. The MG Dealer here won't help because "it's too old". So I figure maybe we can at least look at it with Guzzidiag and hook up the carbtune and see what things look like. Beyond that, I wouldn't know what to do.....I'm sure it has a "Sacred Screw" not to touch too. Seems like I see one in the posted picture. Would a synch be the same procedure as ours? Does this have air bleed screws? And I presume there are connections on the throttle bodies for the carbtune?

I've at least confirmed that the connector for Guzzi diag is the same as ours here. But, would anyone know what ECU it might have? I've kinda been roped into taking a look. At least maybe I can hook up and report back what it says. My apologies for this not being a GRiSO affair (similar)...........  I'll post some pictures I was sent today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! You're allowed to tell me I'm out of my mind and to stay away...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by JohnA on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: 2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind   2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:11 pm

A 2003 V11 should have a 15RC ECU. However, since it’s in the US, it *may* have a 15M.

Connect it and see!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind   2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:06 pm

I think the US bikes only had the 15M.

If you want the good oil on tuning a V11 there is a very good thread on just this on V11Lemans.com

Tune up link

They are slightly more complex than a W5AM bike but still a piece of piss. It really helps to have a TPS break-out cable but a couple of paper clips will substitute to backprobe the plug.

lcjohnny and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: 2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind   2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:04 am

Pete and Beetle,
Many thanks. Some of this seems doable after reading from the link. I’d feel better if it was a GRiSO…..
It’s stressful enough doing something to your own bike for the first time, let alone someone else’s.
Wish you were here…..Tucson is nice this time of year….
I’m sure I’ll come asking for more advice if I go and do a check up.

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: running like a top now   2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Thanks Pete and Beetle,

ECU - 15M it was. All is well now. The link to the V11 site was very helpful, Pete.
Wasn't too bad off but the throttle bodies were way out of adjustment. Morgan tuner to the rescue.
A couple of pictures from my house. The owner, a British fellow, had to ride to me in some light rain but he was determined to get things checked.  
So, thanks again and we'll close this one out..........

Richard likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind   2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

2003 Lemans help -blind leading the blind
Page 1 of 1