GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

'Ere, Wayne........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

'Ere, Wayne........ Empty
PostSubject: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 am

How do you reckon a Bellagio would go with 50mm throttle bodies and a bit of porting work?

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:05 am

What? With V11 heads/valves and a B10 cam, might need a bigger back tyre. Twisted Evil

Bloke in the shed next door is Colin Lloyd from "Head Sense", knows a thing or two about porting he does.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:15 am

I'll do a quick 'Rough and ready' re calibration on a spare pair of 50's I've got hanging about and send 'em up. Whatever you use head wise you'll need manifolds. Know anyone with a 3D printer?

I'd use your heads as they are twin plugged already, you'll also probably need to reposition the mounting bolt holes for the manifolds. Can't use 8V manifolds as the ports are oval. Your mate will probably 'D' port 'em I'd guess. Nice thing with FI. You can't over-carburette!

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Pete, what were those TB's off?
I'm assuming V11's came with 50mm TB's, if so would those manifolds be suitable.
Otherwise, Breva 1100?
Any other bastardization required seeing Bellagio has different TPS/hybrid EFI system as you've mentioned in other threads.

As a "Tantric Rider" I claim, what power is not used cornering, is wasted.
Having said that, my bum dyno tells me with C/F wheels I'm getting on the power earlier and harder, coz it turns so quick & easy.

Goin riding for 3 days, Caio
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 pm

TB's are off GRiSO 1200. V11's used 45's I think, earlier 2V CARC bikes used 40's.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:42 pm

No Pete, v11 has 40mm as the 2v carc and bellagio. Centauro/daytona has 45. But using an 50 from 4v carc will leave the stepper unused. Since the loom has no wires for it. And it has no adjustment with bypasses? The missing stepper can't be the only reason they put that Tb on the bellagio. Or large stock of unused parts waiting :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:54 pm

I stand corrected, TB sizing makes sense, jeez it hate this getting old malarkey! Memory like a goldfish!

I hadn't considered the stepper. I was more concerned with physical spacing and stuff. Might need a different loom then. Its getting harder but still not impossible.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:32 am

In the end all can fit, we know that. But to tuner the 2v so much it can really do something with the 50mm will cost a lot and then the questions is, what sort of engine you end with. Much easyer/cheaper to put an 8v in with those Tb. That has stock so much more power. And then it's better to get an 8v GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:38 am

Agreed. Has anybody manufactured a saleable/sold alternator conversion yet?

I still think a well tuned 8V will be pushing the limits go the Bellagio chassis but hell? If Wayne's game......

Foskey has a Stelvio A5 motor sitting in his shed. I offered him two grand a few years ago, he said no. I lost interest as I no longer have need of it but AFAIK its still there.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:03 am

One thing I do know Pete, the more you modify a bike, the more time it spends in the shed.
My custom rear guard mounts have broken 3 times so far. Now that I have it permanently fixed, ADR's (gummint laws) requiring it have been abolished.

This weekend my plastic battery tray broke, toolkit has gone west. I discovered my Lithium battery and under seat electrics incl. PC V swinging in the breeze above the rear tyre.

I have adapted to the new found agility so now it just seems normal, but in reality it's so confidence inspiring with the C/F wheels that I'm pushing it much harder. Not a good idea.

I need to ride a stock Bellagio frequently to remind myself where mine has come from, then be satisfied with the result and just keep riding. Instead of re-inventing the wheel every other week.

Money is the other big problem. Spent a lot more than anticipated on engineering wheels. Swallowed up my RS485 engine completion.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:13 am

On a different note Pete.
I have stated before that my previous Cali Stone (which I bought new) used oil a wee bit continually up to about 50,000k. When I did a track day on it, oil consumption stopped. But I also always kept the Cali oil level topped up to the full mark.

I bought Bella with 16,000k on the clock from a Doctor in Port Macquarie. Has had a continual blow-by problem pumping oil up into the air box. I have added your sump windage tray, and keep the oil level half way between min/max. At 26,000k I could remove the plug after every 200-300k ride and it would do a little oily wee, about 50-75mm diameter puddle on a rag.

Well I did a track day a month ago, no tacho so the 8,300 rev limiter came into play frequently.
Checking Bella's incontinence after the track day and her manners seemed to improve.

Did another 200k over the Lions TT weekend, pulled the plug last night and not a single drop of oil in 24 hours. As my good friend Julius Sumner-Miller would ask. "WHY, IS IT SO?

Should I try filling oil to the "Max" mark on the dipstick, and ride again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi Pete, I filled oil to the Max mark yesterday. As per my habit from Le Mans/Cali ownership, with the dipstick screwed in.

Rode 250k over mountains, pulled the plug and no incontinence this morning. I'm happy!

BUGGER!
Just checked my hand book, it says "DO NOT SCREW IN THE DIPSTICK"

Pete, these clowns confuse me by changing things, plus how often do they confuse themselves.
Tell me once and for all, which way is the correct way?

Have I got a new breed manual for the old dunger engine?
Better go add another half litre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Ere, Wayne........   'Ere, Wayne........ Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

'Ere, Wayne........
Page 1 of 1