GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello Grissistas

Go down 
+17
frypan
keenerkeen07
DungeonMaster
wyno
sidrat
Tolle09
Steak
Oz1200Guzzi
CPB
KlausH.
little750
TalkingGriso
Canyon Carver
Bill Hagan
beetle
Pete Roper
Papa Lazarou
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:13 am

Hi

Just joined. I've owned a few Guzzis in the past-a T3, T3 California, Spada 2-but have hankered after a GRiSO since they first came out. Please feel free to put me off.

I've only got an ancient VFR750-25 years old-but, after a very brief ride in Normandy last weekend, when its fuel pump decided to expire, thought that now is the time to get a GRiSO. Partly credit, partly cash.

1200 or 1100? It won't be new....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:03 pm

If you buy a 1200 with flat tappets make sure it has a full service hostory from a reputable dealer. That way if the tappets go udders skywards you'll be able to get a roller replacement top end for nix and will only pay for installation if it's out of warranty. No service history and the factory will tell you to go whistle!

The UK seems to be particularly susceptible to tappet failures, not unsurprisingly given the climate and the paucity of good dealers. Remember that the bike is oil cooled and is in fact grossly over cooled most of the time. It's important to get the oil really good and hot regularly to get the water out of it. If you don't it will eat its cams and tappets.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Please feel free to put me off

You've come to GRiSO forum and you expect to be put off? scratch

Get a 1200. Those pushrod engines are so last decade. Rolling Eyes Razz Very Happy

The GRiSO is a a bulk fun machine. You won't get the performance of your garden variety Aprilia or Yamakawasuki sporty model, but it has a certain élan that nothing else does.

If GRiSO calls to you, you must answer......

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Welcome, Papa L.

I have a 1200 and love it.  That said, I put 2000 miles on a borrowed 1100 last year.  It was a dealer’s personal bike, and he an artist among wrenches.  If I had known that an 1100 could run and sound as well as his — admittedly a tart of a lass among Grisos — I might have looked for a leftover … as there are or at least were some in 2011 when I bought my 1200 … or found a nice used model.  It was stupendous.

But do reread the first sentence in the preceding paragraph.   Very Happy

Oh, and beetle, I find the word “élan” has its charm, in the sense of "Le pantalon rouge c'est la France!

But, while the word isn’t limited to that or even French, and does fit our Grisos, given that our machines are Italian, perhaps an Italian word might be better … if we can find it.

I speak crippled German, and my Italian is worse, so I’ll leave to others the right choice.  Best I could find is “impulso.”  Not bad, I suppose, but there must be something better.  

I’ve always liked “bruto,” but that doesn’t convey quite the dash of élan.  It does, however, to me, at least get across the “getouttamygoddamway” attitude of my GRiSO.  If only I could ride as well as it is able.   Embarassed

Bill
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 pm

You all's welcome in these parts.
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:02 pm

You've made your way to the Ghetto, might as well join the club! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks all-yes, I'd heard about the top end problem but thanks for telling me more, Pete.

GRiSO with a full service history it is, then. There's a Guzzi dealer 10 miles away and two 1200s 30 miles away.

Which colour is fastest? I've always fancied white or Tenni...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:13 am

The Tenni has always been popular. The White is stunning, I *Almost* regret painting mine. Almost! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:27 am

The Tenni taunted trecherously, terse tacit texture, twisting, turning, Twisted Evil  fucking with your mind.
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:37 am

Also worth checking here if you have the Vin number
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
to check all recalls have been done.

Jim
Back to top Go down
KlausH.
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
KlausH.

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:13 am

From my point of view Grisos with that colour are one of the most beautiful.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:55 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Which colour is fastest?.

The new one, of course......black/red! cherry
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Which colour is fastest? I've always fancied white or Tenni...

This answers the question, as it's all one ever sees of the red ones.  Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Oh, and beetle, I find the word “élan” has its charm, in the sense of "Le pantalon rouge c'est la France!

Maybe I should have said it in Australian?

Strewth! GRiSO? She's bonza mate. Fair dinkum!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:56 pm

beetle wrote:

Maybe I should have said it in Australian?

Strewth! GRiSO? She's bonza mate. Fair dinkum!

That might just work, tho I am still looking here to see what you said:

Australian Translator  

Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
That might just work, tho I am still looking here to see what you said:

Australian Translator  

Very Happy

Bill

Gives a whole new meaning to Barack Obama... Embarassed

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Cross roads time. Advice please:

Okay-time for a new to me bike. These are all bikes that I can buy-no dreams here. and it's time I spoiled myself. I may have to borrow a bit but-at last-I can afford it. I'm 60 now and if I don't get another fine bike-like my Thunderbird 900-old age may catch up with me. Or not. I've already had 3 Guzzis and loved them all.

The VFR, after six months work and rebuilding various bits, let me down in France. Unforgiveable-but then I've fixed the problem, permanently. It is a great bike but it's not the type of bike I like.

I like retro looking power bikes. I like style in a bike.

Ive never been fond of Japanese bikes, although I have a soft sport for the Honda C90 and CG 125 and I've grown to like my VFR.

The MG 1100 is mechanically simpler than the 1200, with less issues, but lacks the excellent speed of the 1200.

Speed Triples. The mark 1 is the iconic version and I can't lose money on one. The later ones are wonderful but will depreciate and, to my mind, don't look as good.

Thunderbird Sport-not a common bike, even here, yet gorgeous. Climbing in value, as well.

I use bikes for daily commuting and the odd trip.

Other? You choose.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:20 pm

This is sacrilege, I know, Smile
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I had a T bird sport and found it as dull as ditch water, sorry to piss on your chips. Maybe you should get a Breva 750 for the commute and a GRiSO for the weekend
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Ok so you want to be put off eh.......I bought one 9 weeks ago and i have only seen it for the 17 days in total, the rest of the time its been back with the dealer, it had only done 2249 miles when i picked it up, i have since added 2k more, just come back to me with a new alternator.

But i love it to bits!!!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:46 pm

I bought mine in May last year through Pete Roper. I've done 33,000km, ridden it every day and had nothing go wrong. For me, it's a tourer, an everyday ride to work and fun bike. What more could I want.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:06 am

Okay-I've always wanted a GRiSO...1100 or 12?
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 am

I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my 1100.
It is Fun as All Hell.
Every time I roll into my garage and get off the bike I just want to get back on and go for another ride.

DM
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:32 am

i have the 1100 , no real issues to date ..good power through out , pulls strong to red line .
Seems to be the more proven engine over the 1200 , but it is old school and the 1200 is faster.
When i purchased the 1100  used, i considered the 1200 new as well but $6500 difference was the deciding factor for me .
I was looking for a GRiSO ..a bike that i have always wanted and that was the reason for buying one.

I have never been dissatisfied with the 1100 overall ..and intend to keep it long term.
i would like to eventually try some of the maps available to bring the 1100 to the best that it can be.
i would suggest you look for the best GRiSO as to maintenance done, and value for your dollar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Grissistas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Grissistas   Hello Grissistas Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello Grissistas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: