12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
motomonster
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Cancel that. Looks like we got it.

Last edited by motomonster on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Is there a link to this, I imagine there is a story behind it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
motomonster
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Yes, there is quite a backstory to all this.

Some of us have been on these Guzzi boards for nearly two decades. Wildguzzi spawned Enzo's rough and tumble Rolling Crows board, which became a home for all sorts of off-topic brawling. This board attracted a number of well-known Guzzisti: Greg Field, Roper, Steak, to toss out some immediate names. At its height it had a loyal contingent from around the globe, and it was a lot of fun.

Problem was, Enzo was too mercurial to operate such a thing, and it faltered. Enter Nick. He started the Illuminati Guzzisti, and everyone migrated over, and things continued, much smoother than they had before. This board was stable for years, and we perhaps took it for granted, not knowing how much work Nick put in behind the scenes to make it happen.

In the meantime, Nick, and others from the Cali crew, made trips up the PNW, and we made trips down, and something of a west-coast Guzzi simpatico formed. Nick was a great guy in person, one in a million, a man of many hidden talents, etc.

Anyway, Nick suddenly died. After which the Illuminati board crashed and burned -- and we all came to appreciate just how much effort Nick had put in to make the thing work. Many went to the Sea of Cheese board, and Steak started this GRiSO board, and long story short, here we are.

This is the backstory to me wanting to take custody of Nick's Centauro -- basically to put it into the hands of the PNW crew: MI and Greg Field (to the extent he would want to be a part of such a thing, I don't presume to speak for him), and us lesser mortals. Also, Roper seems to visit regularly -- again, not speaking for him.

It's really as simple as that. To some folks all this is meaningful, to others, not. No worries. Many have kicked in so far. No scam intended. Thanks.

Here's a link to the bike: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0   Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:04 pm

When Nick died I bought it from his widow just to get it out of her hair. Thing is I couldnt bring it to Oz and needed to get it out of Jon's hair, he ended up minding it. Anyway it was on sold at a considerable loss to another bloke who is now selling it again. I'll kick in a bit more this time around if needs be as I'd live to be able to borrow it when I' over in seedy-attle.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0   Today at 11:50 am

Back to top Go down

Perhaps, GRiSO 1.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: