GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New oil cooler cover pics

Go down 
+12
Grisonut
guzziownr
Ekimyrf
Pete Roper
DungeonMaster
Canyon Carver
wardest
Steak
Street
keenerkeen07
grisorosso
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

New oil cooler cover pics Empty
PostSubject: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Quite like it. Fit perfectly and is very nicely cut and finished.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by 1151 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:16 am

Looks sensational in black on the Tenni.
Nice score.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:42 am

Thanks much gr - picked it up at guzzitech and is nearly identical to RossoPuro not as pricey.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 pm

i removed the  stock POS warped plastic cover on my 1100 ...never replaced it with anything..no problems so far and it looks better than with the screen IMO ...
the cooler looks to be pretty durable and being off to the side keeps them out of harms way ...
What do you guys think .....Am I gambling , smarter than a fifth grader or just a cheap bastard .. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I guess I never considered that. Interesting solution....sounds like farm smarts rather than being cheap. You do live in Alberta Laughing
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Here's my version of the oil cooler cover. I had some custom bronze vented panels made for an art project a few years back and just happened to have a scrap/test piece left over that fit the GRiSO nicely. With a little patina and some hand-rubbing, I think the bronze looks cool with the "bronzed" headers and the louvers completely hide the otherwise ugly cooler innards.

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:39 pm

⇧ ☝ ⇑ And it looks even better in person! ⇑ ☝ ⇧

Almost a little steampunk even... Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Ummmm not really liking it all that much Street, looks pretty appliance like..heavy to me.
But each to his own  eh
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Not a problem, Keener - if we all liked the same shit all the time, the world would be a pretty boring place...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Street wrote:
Not a problem, Keener - if we all liked the same shit all the time, the world would be a pretty boring place...

with you there Street
cheers
Keener
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:36 pm

That makes me laugh a bit. We are a funny bunch of creative critters. I feel like either:

A. putting some of my washing in there to dry

or

B. perhaps putting some slices of bread in the front to toast

I don't know if it would be for me but I like it...I like it!

Well done Street!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:51 am

Indeed, taste is a very individual thing.  To me, the Rossopuro/GT grills remind me of a hibachi.

\[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I actually love the look of the stock grills the best, if only they could stand up to the heat.  I've actually thought about taking a fresh stocker to a local sand caster to have a short run made out of aluminum and then powder coated.  Not sure what the cost would be, but maybe I'll have to revisit the notion.  It's actually a very beautiful piece of design.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:01 am

Hey Steak, that looks like a George Forman special.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:58 am

Please let us know if you decide to pursue that idea Steak, I would be interested. I have always liked the design of the stock cover but the warping gives it a cheap look which was irritating. Until then, I too will be enjoying the hibachi.

Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Steak wrote:
I actually love the look of the stock grills the best, if only they could stand up to the heat. I've actually thought about taking a fresh stocker to a local sand caster to have a short run made out of aluminum and then powder coated. Not sure what the cost would be, but maybe I'll have to revisit the notion. It's actually a very beautiful piece of design.

I would be in for one of those. Powder coat would be great or anodise finish?
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Got bored today with the rain, so painted the screen red. It picks up the other red touches on the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:51 pm

I was thinking about getting that oil cooler cover too. Very cool and much better price too!

If I got that one I thought I would paint the exterior plating black and paint the screen a darker grey / silver.

The red looks hot and does set off the other red bits too.. Hadn't thought of that.

I'm thinking of putting a small screen behind the new one I got from Guzzitech and painting it gold.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:21 pm

1151 wrote:
I was thinking about getting that oil cooler cover too. Very cool and much better price to!

If I got that one I thought I would paint the exterior plating black and paint the screen a darker grey / silver.

The red looks hot and does set of the other red bits too.. Hadn't thought of that.

I'm thinking of putting a small screen behind the new one I got from Guzzitech and painting it gold.

Thanks. I can see doing the Stucci black with dark screen (or red screen)

Not seeing a gold screen color for your unit though. What does that complement? Question
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Here is kind of what I am thinking given the company colors are red and gold. Not 100% sure about it yet but I think I'm good with it. Have to give it a go to see what it really looks like. Just created the color in photoshop. May be a bit different in real life.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:05 am

It looks better than I imagined with the discoloration of the pipes and the seat sort of. I have red Pazzo levers, so red seemed the way to go for me.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:18 am

Actually, that looks really sharp CC. Good work, I like it.

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:04 am

The Gold is the right accent. Red is good but the Gold fits much better.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:38 am

Thanks CC, DM. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's ok to use my VHT high temp gold paint lightly on the aluminum oil cooler itself under my new hibachi  Laughing (oil cover)  or will I screw up the cooling of the engine by painting it?

Pete.....you out there?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Paint it any colour you like. It won't make a jot of difference.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Thank you Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New oil cooler cover pics   New oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New oil cooler cover pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next