GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Could be worse in the winter

Go down 
+7
Street
Andy in NZ
Guzziboy66
Grisonut
CPB
Steak
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Could be worse in the winter Empty
PostSubject: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:12 am

At least she helps get me up in the morning Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Don't you have toenail clippers in Canada, or is it all pen-knives up there???

Laughing

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Well kitted bedroom, I say
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Steak wrote:
Don't you have toenail clippers in Canada, or is it all pen-knives up there???

Laughing

That's my strumming & picking toe Steak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:55 am

Toe nail clippers, what are they? Over're we use an angle grinder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Hmmmm, let's see... Fuel stabilizer, VHT header paint, Q-Tips, flashlight, 70's era Contempra-Phone, stinky pile of gaunch, stainless carafe full of god knows what, empty guitar cozy, trench foot fungicide, motorcycle....

I guess it would be rude of me to ask when your divorce papers were served...
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 am

Rude? .......Nah, I appreciate curiosity, observation, logic, intuition mixed with a sense of humor.

Just a few things:

The guitar cozy actually contains a guitar. Not that I play it very well.

I do not have trench foot fungicide in the spray bottle. I had to google that and hit images. That is some ugly shit! Anyhow, it's a bottle of water to moisten the Meow Mix which is in the stainless carafe you noticed.

Harley, the stray cat that moved in against my wishes just stares back at me and meows if I do not do this. No wonder it's called Meow Mix. Oh yeah, I use it to water some plants as well.

The stinky pile of gaunch just came out of the washer and as I use the rags to clean the bike I reckon they will never get folded.

Re. the divorce papers, love women but never been married and never want to be served such papers like too many others I know. No doubt I'm enjoying my own thin living at the moment......just the basics and perhaps the nicest fuckin bike on the planet Very Happy

Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:50 am

Nice carbon fiber hugger.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Talk about being nuts about a bike... Very Happy
Forget the clippers!!! He got GRiSO!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:39 pm

I too live in a proper mancave. Concrete industrial shed with over 250M2 floor space. Upstairs I have 2 air cons for a 10m x 3m area divided into open plan kitchen complete with Espresso machines, an office and bedroom, off to the side is a 32m2 lounge area, big enough for a pool table and tv.

Downstairs has 3 phase power, air lines around the walls and a gantry crane, last owner had two VW's up stairs on the internal veranda. I could fit about 25 bikes up there.

Lotsa room for Guzzi love downstairs
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Not to brag, but my place is pretty hard to beat. Check out these two links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Click on the image and explore in 3-D.
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 am

The hugger is the Stucchi Luigi but you may already know this CPB. I agree, I do like the way they look on the bike and would recommend it if you do not have one already. It does a good job of keeping the shock pretty clean - no complaints whatsoever.

Owning a GRiSO is pretty cool I must say. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I say when I see the bike is, "Damn - I own you, you beautiful beast!" This bike is too sexy to be a male and too powerful to be a female. Are we all riding a tranny?! I'm hoping mine is more the Bridget Nielsen type.......come to think about it, yeah, the engines are transverse mounted. Sorry everyone, we are all riding trannies!

Hey Ghezzi, consider posting a pic, your place sounds rather unique. I'm thinking it could probably be a sturdy yet comfy place to holdup against them zombies that are due to arrive any month now Wink.

Quite a nice pad Street and it looks like we share an interest in photography. Thanks for the links. Beautiful work in your gallery by the way and the cast iron motorcycle you made is excellent!! That must have taken a while.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 am

Street-

That's impressive! The Art AND the Garage/Shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm

After looking at 'Streets" version of a mancave I dare not post a pic. Mine is more Burt Munro but I've got the world's slowest Guzzi.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:23 pm

1151, I do share an interest in photography, but to give credit where credit is due, the 3-D interactive photo is the work of Bradford Bohonus and the images in the Seattle Times article are by Benjamin Benschneider.

Street

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Very impressive man cave. Drool. Drool.
Is it always this clean?
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am

Pretty much. I make no apologies for being a neatnik - can't help it, blame it on my mother. She's also responsible for all that Catholic guilt. Oh, here we go, me thinks I've just opened another can-o-worms...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:14 am

Let em wriggle - surely you are not the only one?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 am

Can’t compare with street’s as mine is more like 1151’s … well, minus the cat, but, as long as this has morphed into a moto-storage, man-cave thread, I’ll toss in some pix of my “Moto Grappa.”  Yes, a bed is essential if one has somehow (and usually inexplicably  scratch ) annoyed one's spousal unit.   queen

As it’s winter, the GRiSO and Norge are in there now with the EV, so the place is seriously less spacious, as even this shot with Norge unseen in the adjacent “lesser” garage, shows.

The whole (warning: too many slides!) story is here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it’s a dismal day, light up the first pic and enable captions.   Rolling Eyes

Maybe we need a moto-garage thread?   cheers

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 am

Nice!!!!!!!!!

PS - I forgot to tell you that your Cali needs fish tail pipes. Smile

Last edited by DungeonMaster on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 am

Harry Paratestes wrote:
Hmmmm, let's see... Fuel stabilizer, VHT header paint, Q-Tips, flashlight, 70's era Contempra-Phone, stinky pile of gaunch, stainless carafe full of god knows what, empty guitar cozy, trench foot fungicide, motorcycle....

I guess it would be rude of me to ask when your divorce papers were served...

A small point of correction: I believe the proper spelling for panties is "gonch" not "gaunch" (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gonch). Just wanted to make sure that none of you go astray if pursuing further etymological inquiries on this aspect of Canuck Kultur.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Bill - that is one of the finest biker man caves I have seen. I salute you & thanks for posting the pics..
I was going to suggest a garage thread but thought perhaps people might be a bit hesitant about posting their digs or garage situation. Glad you did. It may be a great thread.

Thanks FE. Wasn't 100% sure what Harry was getting at with the gaunch and assumed the rags. For the record and just to be thorough, according to the Urban Dictionary:

Gaunch was a term coined by a Varsity Football player in 1977 and popularized by a Phys Ed teacher in the 1980's. The term was used as an insult but proudly embraced by a group of school age boys and girls dressed in leather and denim who liked to drink alcohol and occasionally indulge in recreational illegal substances. They would gather together often and share in their love of fast cars, loud music, and keg parties. Many "Gaunches" seem to have been in trouble with the law, ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. School was not as much a place of education but as a playground to bring teachers and administrators to their knees. Fueled by the love of a good time and an irreverence to the status quo.
That guy with the long hair is such a gaunch.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:33 pm

FreshEgg wrote:

A small point of correction: I believe the proper spelling for panties is "gonch" not "gaunch" (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gonch). Just wanted to make sure that none of you go astray if pursuing further etymological inquiries on this aspect of Canuck Kultur.

Pheh! The proper spelling for panties is P-A-N-T-I-E-S, and they ain't for men.

Read this... Especially 4 & mostly 7.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 pm

To be brief, this has been enlightening. My scroll wheel doesn't work. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could be worse in the winter   Could be worse in the winter Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Could be worse in the winter
Page 1 of 1