GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Map for the factory can

Go down 
+15
guzziownr
Peaceman
wardest
Mr Griso
Triman023
Pete Roper
grisorosso
Oz1200Guzzi
Grisonut
Steak
Boysie
plantboy
mark111
beetle
garyclem
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Map for the factory can - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:30 am

Brraaaack!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 pm

garyclem wrote:

future GRiSO restorers will be scouring the planet looking for original mufflers and everything else that current owners have removed and misplaced or binned. FWIW, in my NSHO, I reckon that a GRiSO muffler will be worth a few "bob" in years to come.

I agree. I believe that the true value of a motorcycle, (car, boat, whatever) especially if it is considered to be rare or collectible, which it ain't, (at least not yet) is considerably more when it is in original stock condition. Butt ugly as it is, your estate will see a few more dollars (Pounds, Lira, whatever) after you've croaked and your loving family is busy selling off your prized Italian steed if you've been diligent and kept that stock muffler... Pricks.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Braaaack indeed Mark. I near pissed myself when I saw that!
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm

dearest Beetle, whats gonna happen if and when I disconnect the battery to replace it with a new one ........... 'cause I will have to sooner rather than later. I think I remember you saying something is going to default back to the factory setting. (CO or fuel trim or some other fancy pants nerdspeak dooveywhat ????) Is disconnecting the battery going to fuck my beautiful new map? I love my new map I love you
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Nups. All is right with the world.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Nah, lambda is off so once the adjustable parameters are re-set after upload the system no longer tries to trim the fuel. This means you can swap any component you like near enough and run naked around the streets of Sydney and the bike will keep behaving itself.

If you do choose to run naked around the streets of Sydney please let us know so we can ride down and have a laugh.

Pete
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 pm

beetle wrote:
Nups. All is right with the world.
thanks Mark, I'm gonna have to drink less and ride more. BTW, I hear Santa is using one of your maps this Christmas just so he can get home in time to help Mrs Claus have a very special time on Christmas Day ....... no surprises there. Merry Christmas Mark ............ and many thanks also on behalf of the many here in the Ghetto who have benefited from all your hard work ........... you have done a wonderful thing(s).

and Merry Christmas also to all you other fuck ups ..........
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Nah, lambda is off so once the adjustable parameters are re-set after upload the system no longer tries to trim the fuel. This means you can swap any component you like near enough and run naked around the streets of Sydney and the bike will keep behaving itself.

If you do choose to run naked around the streets of Sydney please let us know so we can ride down and have a laugh.

Pete

Pete ........... yeah exactly what I was thinkin (not) and many thanks. Although you are obviously a very tormented individual. But what the heck, in Sydney nobody would notice.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Stock map update   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:22 am

I thought I might add my feedback on the stock exhaust Map that Beetle sent me just before Christmas,  As the weather was a bit shitty at the time I didn't get much of a chance to give her a good spanking!!

Well since then we have got some fairly ok weather and I had a few good spins in coldish but dry conditions and the bike is running brilliantly cheers

She is pulling like a train and is smooth in every gear and especially very smooth at low speed town riding without the snatchiness that the stock map has in this area. I also drove the living shit out of it on our badly surfaced twisties and she handled great with the engine pulling fantastically bounce

Thanks again Beetle, much appreciated Thumbs Up

As for the stock exhaust, I keep thinking when I have the shillings I might change it, but when I look at it from behind I think its CLASS, and it sounds good too, like the look of the termignoni as well scratch
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:21 pm

ordered the cables that are necessary to be able to run GuzziDiag last week, been reading up on how to use it and it sounds like I will be bugging Beetle for the stock can map while I figure out which aftermarket muffler to buy Very Happy  thanks in advance, im getting excited and antsy at the same time, come on cables!!!!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Got my second cable today and loaded up Beetle's map. Took it for a good ride and I'm very pleased with the results. Fuel economy jumped up by 4 mpg. No more snatchy throttle around town and the motor runs smoother accross the entire range. It even idles smoother with no adjustment to CO trim needed. Gone is the shaking in the bar at idle.
Would have done it long ago if I knew it was so easy.
Another GRiSO made better.
A million thanks Beetle! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am

It's what he does and he's good at it. Very good. And you won't be spun a line or be baffled with bullshit.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:49 am

No bullshit? I can baloney as much as the next guy! Suspect cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:17 am

Thumbs Up
garyklem wrote:
Jest kilka powodów, dla których wolę tłumik „sygnowany” i lubię go. 

1: .......... lata szumu wiatru i głośnych wydechów podczas długich podróży całkiem dobrze zrujnowały mój słuch i chociaż od dłuższego czasu używam spersonalizowanych ochronników słuchu, szkody są wyrządzone. Standardowy tłumik faktycznie ma ładny, choć stonowany dźwięk i jeśli nic więcej to z pewnością unikalny identyfikator GRiSO. 

2: ........ w dużej mierze uważam, że firma MG wykonała całkiem niezłą robotę, spełniając różne wymagania dotyczące zgodności układu wydechowego i zasady projektowe na rynku międzynarodowym, o czym świadczy wielu, którzy przyznają, że motocykl z pewnością lepiej działa z kilka martwych DB i odpowiednia długość rury wydechowej / tłumika. 

3: .........po renowacji kilku motocykli w ciągu ostatnich 5 lat wiem, że za 15+ lat lub dłużej przyszli restauratorzy GRiSO będą przeszukiwać planetę w poszukiwaniu oryginalnych tłumików i wszystkiego, co obecni właściciele usunęli i zgubili lub wyrzucili do kosza. FWIW, w moim NSHO, liczę, że tłumik GRiSO będzie wart kilka „bobów” w nadchodzących latach.

4: ......... o ile nie jesteś zawodnikiem Moto3, oszczędzanie wagi jest nieco iluzoryczne podczas prawdziwej jazdy, szczególnie jeśli jeździec ma nadwagę, tak jak ja. Mógłbym prawdopodobnie stracić 10 kg, na przykład, zmniejszając ilość bourbona, który wypijam codziennie, a żyłbym dłużej i zaoszczędziłbym 800 USD + kupując alternatywę na rynku wtórnym.

…przepraszam, jeśli brzmię jak pretensjonalny stary skurwysyn „wiem wszystko”, ale „potwór z burbona”
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:18 am

Wow ......... this is a blast from the past. And my utterances have never been translated into Polish before (except by the bourbon monster). BTW I have very recently put the signature 'trombone' back on my bike and its just as beautiful as it ever was. Just gotta get my map fiddled with when next in Roperville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Map for the factory can - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Map for the factory can
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2