12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Map for the factory can

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:30 am

Brraaaack!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harry Paratestes
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 pm

garyclem wrote:

future GRiSO restorers will be scouring the planet looking for original mufflers and everything else that current owners have removed and misplaced or binned. FWIW, in my NSHO, I reckon that a GRiSO muffler will be worth a few "bob" in years to come.

I agree. I believe that the true value of a motorcycle, (car, boat, whatever) especially if it is considered to be rare or collectible, which it ain't, (at least not yet) is considerably more when it is in original stock condition. Butt ugly as it is, your estate will see a few more dollars (Pounds, Lira, whatever) after you've croaked and your loving family is busy selling off your prized Italian steed if you've been diligent and kept that stock muffler... Pricks.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Braaaack indeed Mark. I near pissed myself when I saw that!
Back to top Go down
garyclem
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm

dearest Beetle, whats gonna happen if and when I disconnect the battery to replace it with a new one ........... 'cause I will have to sooner rather than later. I think I remember you saying something is going to default back to the factory setting. (CO or fuel trim or some other fancy pants nerdspeak dooveywhat ????) Is disconnecting the battery going to fuck my beautiful new map? I love my new map I love you
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Nups. All is right with the world.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Nah, lambda is off so once the adjustable parameters are re-set after upload the system no longer tries to trim the fuel. This means you can swap any component you like near enough and run naked around the streets of Sydney and the bike will keep behaving itself.

If you do choose to run naked around the streets of Sydney please let us know so we can ride down and have a laugh.

Pete
Back to top Go down
garyclem
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 pm

beetle wrote:
Nups. All is right with the world.
thanks Mark, I'm gonna have to drink less and ride more. BTW, I hear Santa is using one of your maps this Christmas just so he can get home in time to help Mrs Claus have a very special time on Christmas Day ....... no surprises there. Merry Christmas Mark ............ and many thanks also on behalf of the many here in the Ghetto who have benefited from all your hard work ........... you have done a wonderful thing(s).

and Merry Christmas also to all you other fuck ups ..........
Back to top Go down
garyclem
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Nah, lambda is off so once the adjustable parameters are re-set after upload the system no longer tries to trim the fuel. This means you can swap any component you like near enough and run naked around the streets of Sydney and the bike will keep behaving itself.

If you do choose to run naked around the streets of Sydney please let us know so we can ride down and have a laugh.

Pete

Pete ........... yeah exactly what I was thinkin (not) and many thanks. Although you are obviously a very tormented individual. But what the heck, in Sydney nobody would notice.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Stock map update   Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:22 am

I thought I might add my feedback on the stock exhaust Map that Beetle sent me just before Christmas,  As the weather was a bit shitty at the time I didn't get much of a chance to give her a good spanking!!

Well since then we have got some fairly ok weather and I had a few good spins in coldish but dry conditions and the bike is running brilliantly cheers

She is pulling like a train and is smooth in every gear and especially very smooth at low speed town riding without the snatchiness that the stock map has in this area. I also drove the living shit out of it on our badly surfaced twisties and she handled great with the engine pulling fantastically bounce

Thanks again Beetle, much appreciated Thumbs Up

As for the stock exhaust, I keep thinking when I have the shillings I might change it, but when I look at it from behind I think its CLASS, and it sounds good too, like the look of the termignoni as well scratch
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:21 pm

ordered the cables that are necessary to be able to run GuzziDiag last week, been reading up on how to use it and it sounds like I will be bugging Beetle for the stock can map while I figure out which aftermarket muffler to buy Very Happy  thanks in advance, im getting excited and antsy at the same time, come on cables!!!!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Got my second cable today and loaded up Beetle's map. Took it for a good ride and I'm very pleased with the results. Fuel economy jumped up by 4 mpg. No more snatchy throttle around town and the motor runs smoother accross the entire range. It even idles smoother with no adjustment to CO trim needed. Gone is the shaking in the bar at idle.
Would have done it long ago if I knew it was so easy.
Another GRiSO made better.
A million thanks Beetle! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am

It's what he does and he's good at it. Very good. And you won't be spun a line or be baffled with bullshit.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:49 am

No bullshit? I can baloney as much as the next guy! Suspect cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map for the factory can   Today at 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Map for the factory can