GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Santa Cruz

Go down 
+3
Steak
Canyon Carver
fredfrenzy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

Hello from Santa Cruz Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:35 pm

I decided I need to get a modern bike in my stable - I've got mostly '70s Italian, including a Guzzi V65 cafe racer:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I always like the GRiSO looks and performance, so sold my '73 BMW Toaster Tank and started looking for a used GRiSO 1100.   Found some good deals around the country, but finally located a 2008 (sold in 2010) with 6000 miles down the coast in San Diego.  I bought it remotely with  my buddy doing the test ride and check out.  He just picked it up  up for me and it's in his garage for time being.

I'll be picking it over Christmas week when the family goes down to the Anza Borrego dessert...I usually haul a bike or 2 down for riding the San Diego county backroads, so this time i'll be picking one up.   First time in many years I've had that "Christmas" anticipation.

Been browsing the forum and looks like lots of good info....hope to be joining in the discussions.

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi Fred and welcome to the ghetto! Viva la Fiesta
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Congratulations on your GRiSO and welcome to the ghetto. Another Don Abbondio is converted!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Nice collection of scoots, welcome Fred
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Laker wrote:
Nice collection of scoots, welcome Fred

Thanks. My garage had gone all vintage and I used the R75 as a daily rider/wife hauler, but I realized that I need to get a Modern bike back in the garage. THe R75 was a trade for my first year (1993) Ducat Monster, which I had for a long time. But I also miss the torque fun and edge of the Duc. Love twins, as you may of noticed from list of bikes, and had always had an eye on big-block Guzzi's and thought about it when the GRiSO was launched.

In any case my garage is now all Italian and I have something for the torquey fun...
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:04 am

Hi fredfrenzy
Welcome
I'm starting to get exited with all these black 1100's on board.
If the wife finds the seat uncomfortable see below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:22 am

Greetings Fred.
It's very good to hear Santa Cruz In Da House!
I lived there from 87-93. The last couple years I lived in Lompico which was nice bike riding.
Every day in and out was a sport ride. Smile

DM
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:39 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Greetings Fred.
It's very good to hear Santa Cruz In Da House!
I lived there from 87-93. The last couple years I lived in Lompico which was nice bike riding.
Every day in and out was a sport ride.  Smile

DM

Great roads here - I'm on the upper west side and only a few blocks from the twisties...my thanksgiving ride loop up to Alices.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:43 am

Grisodude wrote:
Hi fredfrenzy
Welcome
I'm starting to get exited with all these black 1100's on board.
If the wife finds the seat uncomfortable see below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks...I am going to have to do an occasional 2-up setup for my wife and granddaughter...I had been thinking about lowering the foot pegs and hadn't seen this thread. Great analysis and work....I'll definitly be going down this path.

What do you do about grab handles/removable back rest? Are they needed?

barry
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Empire Grade!!!!!! Yeah Baby!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:40 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
Empire Grade!!!!!! Yeah Baby!!  Smile
Yup...5 blocks from house.    Empire grade, down to Bonny Doon road to Davenport for beer or coffe at the coast  and rid back along Hwy 1 is my favorite quick loop.

Here's my Morini a few weeks ago at the top of the Grade by the Lockheed plant.  That was a great ride...
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 pm

You live in a great area for sure. When I bought a Thruxton a few years ago, I flew to San Jose and the seller picked me up at the arport, then we drove to Google in Mt View, where the bike was. Got a tour of Google sice it was Staurday and sort of closed.
Then I rode it around a bit, getting lost in your hills, then headed down the coast to LA. That was a long day on an unfamiliar bike with non-op license tags. Luck I didn't get pulled over.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:25 am

Good hills to get lost in....
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 am

So Fred.
I have a V65 that is slated to get Cafe'd out.
I sure love the looks of yours!
I would skip the chrome tank but it is Gorgeous!!

DM
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:07 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
So Fred.
I have a V65 that is slated to get Cafe'd out.
I sure love the looks of yours!
I would skip the chrome tank but it is Gorgeous!
DM

That's actually "chrome paint" on a '60s Dunstal fiberglass tank. The V65 smallblock is an underrated bike - it really is a fun little bike, especially in the tight twisties here. It is a Tonti frame so handles quite well. This was a real mess when I got it - door bell ringer for a start button, torque not gaskets on various things, speaker wire in the harness, missing carbs etc. Lot of work, almost nothing but the running gear is stock - lots of small fabrications. Always gets the thumb up.

barry
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:03 pm

When I lived in Santa Cruz my girlfriend had a V50III.
Which I would ride on Rodeo Rd around to Soquel/Aptos.
SWEET!! That little minx would just dice so easy. I love small blocks.

DM
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 am

Hello from me across the sea.........
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:16 am

fredfrenzy
I have the Hepco Becker bags and a soft bag.
Wife is ok with it.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Not as good as a top box but that in my opinion doesn't look good on the GRiSO" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Santa Cruz   Hello from Santa Cruz Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Santa Cruz
Page 1 of 1