GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Error 21 Lambda probe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Error 21 Lambda probe Empty
PostSubject: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:31 pm

After reading the advice of peoples here I decided to remove the 02 sensor fooler that was fitted to my bike, the proplem I have is that when I connected the Lambda sensor back as stock and started the bike it threw up the error 21 service triangle.

I was thinking of taking it for a good spin to see if it came back to normal (triangle gone) or to verify if the sensor is shot! Would this cause over fueling and potential damage or should I be replacing the Lambda, it just seems coincidental that it threw up the error when the 02 manipulator was removed?

I tried to delete errors in diagnostics in the ecu but it remains there!

I know that if I venture down Beetles map route I wouldn't need the 02 sensor but I would just like to clear any errors first. (Am using guzzidiag just didn't get my mind right to tackle the mapping Yet!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guzzi Cat
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Check your connector. A bad connection to any pin can cause an error. You may wish to measure the heater in the sensor. Check between pins 3 & 4, should be about 13 ohms at room temperature.

Also try pulling the main fuses for 30 seconds. Unlikely, but the O2 fooler may have the trims so far out that the ECU thinks the O2 sensor values are way out of spec.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:56 pm

My guess is the latter. Also goin t'other diagnostic menu and clear the errors and see if they return it may just be throwing out the door or because the sensor was disconnected.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Lambda error 21 progress   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks lads for the advice, I tried all your suggestions but no joy, got 12.8 ohms between pins 3&4, took out probe and checked wiring cleaned connector pins, pulled main fuse etc. and all looked fine. I even tried hooking back up the sensor fooler, still didn't work so I scrapped that.

Hooked up to guzzidiag and saw that the Lambda mv readings were not moving and were stuck at 1013 mv and wasn't working, so I revved the shit out of it and off she went dropping down the mv range and I was as happy as a pig in shit when I seen that the horrible red triangle was after disappearing cheers so I stopped the engine and started it back up and SHIT the same thing happened, the bastard was back and lambda readings stuck, revved the shit out of it again and the readings started moving but I couldn't get rid of the red triangle again  after trying stopping,starting,revving Crying or Very sad I tried to delete the error but it remains.
I would have tried shutting off the lambda sensor but I couldn't see how to do it using guzzidiag? scratch

It certainly looks like a faulty lambda sensor but I still have a doubt because it coincidentally showed up after disconnecting the sensor manipulator and also because of the reading I got between pin 3&4 on the connector.

I will try taking it for a spin to see if it disappears and if not I think I will have to try a new sensor unless you guys have any other suggestions?

Again thanks for the knowledgeable help.

Guzzi Cat
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Reseat the ECU connectors?

If it starts reading when the revs are high, it might mean the sensor only has an output when there is an extreme change in the AFR. In that case, new sensor required.

You can't turn off the lambda with GuzziDiag, you need to edit the map.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:25 am

beetle wrote:
You can't turn off the lambda with GuzziDiag, you need to edit the map.

And we know someone who can help you with this, if you don't want to re-invent the wheel.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Map Time   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:23 am

Thanks lads, Steak I hear you Thumbs Up , Beetle I sent you A pm, in actual fact I think I screwed up and sent it three times, still not great with this tablet thingy, let me know jf you didn't get it.

Guzzi Cat
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Update   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Update on the error 21, took her for a spin today and triangle went out and service warning disappeared,  bike has been stopped and started a good few times and it hasn't come back. cheers

Not sure which part of the dicking around cured it but no matter, the immobiliser light flashes when the ignition is turned off and I hadn't really noticed that before but am not bothered by it.

Checked the diagnostics and the error was gone and all is fine. Thumbs Up

Guzzi Cat
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Guzzi Cat wrote:
and it hasn't come back. cheers

Thumbs Up

Guzzi Cat wrote:
the immobiliser light flashes when the ignition is turned off and I hadn't really noticed that before but am not bothered by it.

Mine does that, I'm sure they all do - it's to warn would be thieves that the bike is immobilized. That's why they used the smallest light they could find! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error 21 Lambda probe   Error 21 Lambda probe Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Error 21 Lambda probe
Page 1 of 1