GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A visit by Jack Frost

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

A visit by Jack Frost Empty
PostSubject: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Thu 18 Dec 2014, 19:42

Came out to my bike tonight and Jack Frost had left me a message on my dash!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I thought that was nice, but then realized my headlight was out. Bastahd stole my illumination!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Thu 18 Dec 2014, 20:43

High beam too?
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Thu 18 Dec 2014, 22:35

Good point - I didn't think of checking that.

I just hit the passing button and the high beam does go on. Hitting the high-beam button doesn't do anything, but the bike was not running, so I assumed it wouldn't have anyway. Tomorrow I can roll it out to start it up and see whet happens.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Thu 18 Dec 2014, 23:07

I love the snow flake icon myself.
That's a great way to start my ride to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Thu 18 Dec 2014, 23:46

Never understood why a motorcyclist needs a dash icon or temp gauge to tell him where the weather is at.

Over here its all poetry, like the following;
"Australian Summer" ........................................... (by some wanker?)

Fuck its hot!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Fri 19 Dec 2014, 03:22

If the motor is not running, the headlight will not illuminate. The parking light will come on, but that's it.

Did you start the bike?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Fri 19 Dec 2014, 14:23

Steak wrote:
If the motor is not running, the headlight will not illuminate.  The parking light will come on, but that's it.

Agreed - what I meant on my first message and reply was that:

Riding home I had no main beam, just the little pilot light in the headlight shell

After I got home and saw Canyon Carver's q I went down to the garage and, without starting the bike (attached garage under part of house = fumes if I run it inside) turned it on and hit the passing button. This made the high beam come on, so part of the circuit is good.

This weekend I'll be able to roll it outside and start it to see if the high beam button activates the high beam. Then I'll be able to start narrowing things down. Of course I should have looked at fuses - from the manual it looks like the passing button may be on a different fuse than the headlight switch.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1Sat 27 Dec 2014, 17:51

Finally got to check things out. Low beam had indeed burned out. Quick trip to Advance Auto Parts and all better. I'm trying some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4s. Same wattage but brighter light (supposedly). Pretty short lifespan, but I got a two pack Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit by Jack Frost   A visit by Jack Frost Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A visit by Jack Frost
Page 1 of 1